The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Using goals in a sample of 65 minutes is literally useless. I would never isolate either way, but people here were making a QoC argument. Don't focus on that. I don't care about that. I care way more about the aggregate numbers.

I posted the aggregate 5 v 5 numbers. I am not trying to hide anything. In that sample, Zaitsev is a positive ZS% player. He is not getting buried. In fact, DeMelo has more unfavourable zone starts than Zaitsev, and DeMelo has sparkly numbers. ZS% and QoC doesn't really matter, at least how we measure it now, in the aggregate, so there is no excuse for poor numbers, especially compared to DeMelo. What I mean by saying it does not matter is the effect size is, essentially, non-existent.

Here are the ZS%.
DeMelo OZS%: 44.27
Zaitsev OZS%: 51.22

Also, I don't really know what you are saying about xGF%. You don't create xGF%. It is a regression model. I'll tell you right now the people in hockey did not invent regressions models. Actually, I think I know what you are trying to say, but you are doing a very poor job. Anyway, public studies are available that show expected goals predict future goals better than things like Corsi and actual goals, and we know NHL teams use expected goal models. I am not saying that means anything, but it is far from the "worst stat ever".
You have now entered the twilight zone so best of luck. Could be time to hang up and listen.

Reactions: ijif
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad