GDT: The 2018-2019 GDT Signup!

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
It's that time of year again my fine friends, where the smell of over-priced nachos and sub-par adult beverages wafts through the air. The sounds of "C'MON REF" and "WHAT A BUM" ring out in chorus.

Of course, I mean hockey season! And with this comes the needs for Game Day Threads! And in our finest example of tradition, we need you to step up and get us rolling 82+ times this season.

"But Based Gibbons," you may ask, "How do we do this amazing thing?"

Here's the rules me lovelies:
1. This is all welcoming. 10 years or 10 days, your time on boards matters not. So long as you are a fan of the Beelzebubs of the Garden State, you may partake in the finery.

2. If you sign up, but find you cannot grace us with your creations, try to let us know so one of our members can step in and give it the 'old college try'.

3. How this works is that if the team wins the game, the creator of that GDT is responsible for the next one. This continues until the team looses, then we go to the next person on the list. If there is no-one specified, then it's first come first serve. Note that special days (outlined in the list at the bottom of the post) do not continue as such.

a. Bloggins1 signs up for a specific game, that's cool.
b. Bloggins2 has created the last GDT, and our Devils prevail.
c. By rule, Bloggins2 would have the next game, but then we look and Bloggins1 specified this game as 'special'.
d. So the next game is Bloggins1. Should the team win or loose, the next game goes BACK to Bloggins2. The GDT rules continue as normal.
e. If Bloggins1 has a special game and cannot create, then Bloggins2 continues as normal.

4. Memes are great. We have certain people who do certain themes; stay in your own lane and find your own shtick. The follow memes are kinda claimed and were (exception of mine of course) popular, and we know by who:

Anime (me) - Bad meme but I roll it anyways
Spiderman - Amazing
Rick & Morty - Show me what you got fam

5. Pillow Mounds is special, do not overuse this. 'Tis our playoff theme and should stat way.

6. We do allow fans from outside the Devils board to create GDTs, but only if we know you're cool and chill and stuff. We can make that call pretty fast.

7. Nico is our bae, and is free for all consumption.

tenor.gif

8. Remember to watch your diet.

LETS GO DEVILS!

1. JK3
2. Prezidentas Zubrus

Special dates

1. January 12, 2019 - Based Gibbons annual crack-GDT

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I want a good 10 or so GDTs from JK3 to start the year.

I do get it. I was getting burned out by like thread 4 last year when I got stuck on a win streak. Shit gets hard lolol

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I want a good 10 or so GDTs from JK3 to start the year.

I do get it. I was getting burned out by like thread 4 last year when I got stuck on a win streak. **** gets hard lolol

Haha I know, after a while it's just hard to come up with something plus I like to do some Photoshop stuff so it takes a while. I think we hit peak memes last season, hopefully we can come up with a few more.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Haha I know, after a while it's just hard to come up with something plus I like to do some Photoshop stuff so it takes a while. I think we hit peak memes last season, hopefully we can come up with a few more.

God we did. Some real gems were produced. Many revolving around Cangi.

Reactions: JK3

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I wasn't ready for that crazy start we had last year, one GDT after another lol.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that. I did my very first GDT ever near the end of last season when we ended up on that run to get into the playoffs. I was getting worried I'd have to suffer the embarrassment of not being able to do one because I was traveling.

It all worked out though, and I'm quite glad we went on the run :)

Reactions: JK3

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that. I did my very first GDT ever near the end of last season when we ended up on that run to get into the playoffs. I was getting worried I'd have to suffer the embarrassment of not being able to do one because I was traveling.

It all worked out though, and I'm quite glad we went on the run :)

Haha yeah that was a great run.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's good we have such a strong contingent these days. The last few years became a trying process.

I'm glad Spidey has established himself now. :laugh:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Ugh, I've tuned out from the product pretty much since it's not really enjoyable.

Hall with a championship belt seems appropo as reigning MVP. Something has to be included with Wood wailing on Benn from last night too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad