sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Draymond Green was on ultimate troll mode today

20170615123304.jpg

In addition, he also commented upon seeing LeBron finally shave his head:

God bless this guy.

It won't get as much love as Lebron's "ultimate warrior" shirt because everybody hates Draymond and the Warriors. But this was so funny. Even Lebron acknowledged it, albeit in an equally sarcastic/petty way. Stuff like this is why the NBA is so great.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Warriors GM Bob Meyers with a classic Klay story:

Was talking about how he swung by Klay's place one night when Klay was in the middle of a shooting slump this year. Myers asks Klay if something's up and Klay basically says nah, he just wasn't focused enough but he'll lock back in and be good.

As Myers is walking away to leave Klay stops him to ask when the team's next game is. Myers, thinking Klay is joking, kinda laughs it off and says tomorrow. Klay then asks who the team is playing tomorrow. Myers, not knowing how to respond, just tells Klay to keep shooting.

Dray also mentioned on Jimmy Kimmel Live the other day that Klay usually has a bunch of random people living in his house.

Dude's like an NBA meme come to life.

Last edited:

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Warriors GM Bob Meyers with a classic Klay story:

Was talking about how he swung by Klay's place one night when Klay was in the middle of a shooting slump this year. Myers asks Klay if something's up and Klay basically says nah, he just wasn't focused enough but he'll lock back in and be good.

As Myers is walking away to leave Klay stops him to ask when the team's next game is. Myers, thinking Klay is joking, kinda laughs it off and says tomorrow. Klay then asks who the team is playing tomorrow. Myers, not knowing how to respond, just tells Klay to keep shooting.

Dray also mentioned on Jimmy Kimmel Live the other day that Klay usually has a bunch of random people living in his house.

Dude's like an NBA meme come to life.

That is so bizarre and yet exactly what you'd expect of Klay. The guy is just so laid back and completely removed from the stardom of the NBA. It's the main reason I don't think he'll leave the Warriors after 2019. Everybody keeps talking like Klay must be getting tired of being a 4th wheel but that's kind of a perfect setup for him. He doesn't like media and prefers living under cover almost. The dude rarely goes out to big events or seeks attention and would rather be at a pool party at his house with instagram models than out and about where he'll be seen.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
That is so bizarre and yet exactly what you'd expect of Klay. The guy is just so laid back and completely removed from the stardom of the NBA. It's the main reason I don't think he'll leave the Warriors after 2019. Everybody keeps talking like Klay must be getting tired of being a 4th wheel but that's kind of a perfect setup for him. He doesn't like media and prefers living under cover almost. The dude rarely goes out to big events or seeks attention and would rather be at a pool party at his house with instagram models than out and about where he'll be seen.

Klay probably has the best job in the NBA right now. Does he seem like a guy yearning to be "The Man?" Not everyone is Kobe. When all is said in done, he can be the 4th wheel as you said on a dynasty team, win multiple rings, and eventually make it to the Hall of Fame. This photo pretty much encapsulates him

klay-fouled-out.jpg

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Klay has two rings, one of the best shooters in the league and is clearly on his way to the Hall of Fame with Steph/Durant/Green.

People don't give him his due but I don't think he cares, guy can get his buckets/defense and the accolades hat he deserves (37 points in a quarter, 60 points in 28 minutes)

All said and done, when you think about the Warriors championship run he will be at least one of the players you talk about.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Exactly. To both of those comments.

Klay recently said, "I don't feel like I sacrificed at all, I'd rather be a part of something that could leave a legacy. There is more to basketball than getting yours, or being the guy. I hope I do this for a long time for the Warriors."

Now I'm generally of the opinion that actions speak louder than words but that seems pretty clear from Klay. Plus his actions since he was a high school senior seem to back that up.

Coming out of high school he had offers from a number of big programs including Michigan and Notre Dame but opted to go up to Pullman to play for Washington State because he could play ball and smoke weed without being noticed. He knew he'd get to the NBA either way.

Regardless of where he's playing, he's going to end up as the 2nd greatest 3 point shooter of all time behind only his teammate. If he's stays with the Warriors he has the opportunity to go down as one of the most successful SGs of all time. If what he says about building a legacy is true, I don't think he'll have any interest in leaving.

Lastly, as his dad put it: "Klay's life is the best. All he does is shoot 3's, hit on girls on instagram and walk his dog, Rocco". Sounds to me like even his dad knows this is exactly the kind of life Klay wants to be living.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Lastly, as his dad put it: "Klay's life is the best. All he does is shoot 3's, hit on girls on instagram and walk his dog, Rocco". Sounds to me like even his dad knows this is exactly the kind of life Klay wants to be living.

Klay really does love his dog Rocco. This is a young man living the ****ing NBA dream. He really is one of the most likeable athletes in the world right now.

Klay-Thompson-Ric-Bucher-and-The-Pooch-Coach-Beverly-Ulbrich-1024x776.jpg

tumblr_ntpsy1R1Pw1s7p676o4_1280.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

NMF78

Feb 25, 2010
Belgium
MJ had a tougher path GETTING to the Finals than Lebron has had, but Lebron has faced substantially tougher competition in the Finals than MJ ever did.

At the end of Lebron's career when he holds the playoff and Finals records for points, assists and steals and is top 5 in rebounds and top 10 in blocks it's going to be comical to hear people reason as to how he still isn't the greatest ever.

If those records come it will be because he has played a lot more games then Jordan, he already has played about 10 more games in the finals so far.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
MJ had a tougher path GETTING to the Finals than Lebron has had, but Lebron has faced substantially tougher competition in the Finals than MJ ever did.

At the end of Lebron's career when he holds the playoff and Finals records for points, assists and steals and is top 5 in rebounds and top 10 in blocks it's going to be comical to hear people reason as to how he still isn't the greatest ever. He will be well ahead of Jordan in all 5 of those categories. When we look back and see he made 9-13 Finals, at least 7 of which came consecutively, I'm not going to give a damn what his record is in those Finals if he keeps running up against a team as incredible as the Warriors. The last 4 teams Lebron has faced in the Finals (14 Spurs, 15-17 Warriors) are better than any team MJ ever had to face in the Finals.

Lol..so Lebron is a stat padder?

Does Mark Messier own Mario Lemieux? Messier has more regular season points more playoff points tons more stanley cups and he went up against better teams than mario did to win those cups

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Lol..so Lebron is a stat padder?

Does Mark Messier own Mario Lemieux? Messier has more regular season points more playoff points tons more stanley cups and he went up against better teams than mario did to win those cups

If that's what your takeaway is from routinely watching Lebron James in the Finals than I feel badly for you.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Or he's like the rest of us, who know Lebron won't overtake MJ. Second best of all time is nothing to scoff at. (thats the popular opinion, not mine)

It's definitely still the vastly more popular opinion that MJ is better. But acting like Lebron isn't within striking distance is silly. And coming from a Chicago fan it just comes off as hyper defensive of his hometown hero.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If I hadn't seen Jordan in his prime, I too would believe James is the GOAT.

Bron-Bron will go down as a top 3, 5 or 10 player in history. Depending on who you ask.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
If I hadn't seen Jordan in his prime, I too would believe James is the GOAT.

Bron-Bron will go down as a top 3, 5 or 10 player in history. Depending on who you ask.

Any person who ever says to me with a straight face "Lebron is a top 10 player of all time" is going to catch these hands. That's absolutely hilarious. I'd have to think even his most adamant critics can't have him any lower than 3 at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad