GDT: The 2015 NHL Entry Level Draft: In L̶o̶u̶ Shero We Trust Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Snow manages to acquire high-end prospects with no draft picks the way Sather manages to offload big contracts and get heists while stuck up against the cap.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Snow manages to acquire high-end prospects with no draft picks the way Sather manages to offload big contracts and get heists while stuck up against the cap.

Are we in any position to trade a Griffin Reinhart -- i.e. Severson for the Devils -- for two picks?

Until we get to there, we can't complain about what other teams that have been hoarding talent for years are doing. It takes patience to get to where the Islanders are at right now in terms of their NHL team and prospect pool.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
We couldn't afford a second and a third to snag a guy many people had in the top 15?

We would have still had a 2nd even after that.

If our scouting department believes that this is a deep draft, then we keep the picks.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
CIeOEt6UwAALrw4.jpg:large

I'm tellin' ya - that's Crispin Glover.

Glover,%20Crispin.jpg

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
I don't care what the Islanders are doing. They sucked for all those years the Devils were good and built up a deep system. The Devils need to keep all their picks or even multiply them so they can get to that point. They should not be giving up assets at all.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
TV cameras by sharks table for some reason.

Edit: standing between sharks and jackets. Jackets trade up to 29.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Are we in any position to trade a Griffin Reinhart -- i.e. Severson for the Devils -- for two picks?

Until we get to there, we can't complain about what other teams that have been hoarding talent for years are doing. It takes patience to get to where the Islanders are at right now in terms of their NHL team and prospect pool.

Severson's done more at the NHL level than Reinhart at a younger age. No I wouldn't have wanted to trade him for Barzal and a two...but it just galls me that the Isles draft a guy top five, he looks like a very slow developer at best, then they offload him for another guy that had top ten talent and a second rounder. Maybe a better comp would have been trading Larsson last year but even then it's a faulty comparison cause Larsson had 100+ NHL games under his belt and Reinhart had like eight.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Concept View Post
Agreed. I don't see anyone worth giving the ranch for to move up. Lets stay where we are and pick up Sprong, Vince Dunn, Jack Roslovic, or Anthony Beauvillier.
Great, there goes Roslovic. 1 gone and now only 3 left.

Now there are only 2 left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005

Absolutely 100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad