Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
I believe we have to take Zacha, bid center with speed if he's there when we pick. I read several draft articles where some think Strome will drop.

The only thing with Strome is they need to see him as the #1 guy; going into the season with that mentality. The same thing with why no one thinks DeBrincat will be anything special. He's playing with the best player in the OHL and his stats are HEAVILY inflated with him than without him. Without him, he's was hovering around ~.75 PPG, which while solid for a undersized rookie, is nothing compared to his numbers with McD. Once Strome comes back next year as the undisputed #1 center of Erie, they'll see.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Some people have Zacha going in the 20s. Taking him at 7 is horrible value.

Subjective lists with some agendas for a lot of them.

I don't see Zacha lasting past pick #10 in June.

At this point, if Marner is off the board I hope we take him.

Some of the better forwards in the NHL right now were taken after 15th in their draft years due to those rankings.

Would you take any of these 1st rounders on the Devils?
Tarasenko, Getzlaf, Perry, Giroux, Parise, Pacioretty, Eberle,

And a whole lot of defensemen too.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Subjective lists with some agendas for a lot of them.

I don't see Zacha lasting past pick #10 in June.

At this point, if Marner is off the board I hope we take him.

Some of the better forwards in the NHL right now were taken after 15th in their draft years due to those rankings.

Would you take any of these 1st rounders on the Devils?
Tarasenko, Getzlaf, Perry, Giroux, Parise, Pacioretty, Eberle,

And a whole lot of defensemen too.

He may be the player you prefer, but that doesn't change the fact that the value is poor at 7. You need to trade down in that scenario, or else it's poor asset management. I would be pretty shocked if Zacha was off the board by 10. He's had issues this season and McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Strome, Marner, Barzal, Werenski, Provorov, Rantanen, Crouse, etc. are consistently rate above him.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He may be the player you prefer, but that doesn't change the fact that the value is poor at 7. You need to trade down in that scenario, or else it's poor asset management. I would be pretty shocked if Zacha was off the board by 10. He's had issues this season and McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Strome, Marner, Barzal, Werenski, Provorov, Rantanen, Crouse, etc. are consistently rate above him.

Drafting Crouse or Werenski over Zacha would be regrettable for many years to come.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Drafting Crouse or Werenski over Zacha would be regrettable for many years to come.

You still don't get the point I'm making. I'm not arguing whether one player is better than the other. I'm arguing that the value of taking Zacha at 7 doesn't make sense. It would be a dumb decision to sit there and take him at 7 instead of trading down, grabbing valuable assets, and taking him at a lower position.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
No one sees us trading the pick for some top six forward like Kessel?

If we are in the 7th-10th spot I have a good hunch that will happen (and we will most likely regret it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad