The 2015-2016 Colaiacovo Report (Man-games lost)

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Man-games lost to injury:

13 - Patrick Berglund (shoulder)
10 - Kevin Shattenkirk (groin)
8 - Paul Stastny (foot)
6 - Robby Fabbri (concussion)*
6 - Jaden Schwartz (ankle)
2 - Scottie Upshall (undisclosed)*
1 - Vladimir Tarasenko (knee)*

*denotes returned from injury

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Can we still call it the Carlo Colaiacovo Report
It's funny you say that because I heard that Colaiacovo was reading about Shattenkirk's injury and he blinked in the process which shattered his eye lid. He's out for at least 3 weeks.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's funny you say that because I heard that Colaiacovo was reading about Shattenkirk's injury and he blinked in the process which shattered his eye lid. He's out for at least 3 weeks.

Pretty funny! The guy has persistence though. I think I saw him filling in for an injury with a team last year. I had assumed his NHL career was over three years ago.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Another one bites the dust.

Berglund - 5
Fabbri - 3
Shattenkirk - 2
Stastny - incoming

They're running out of live bodies for the last 2 stops of this road trip.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This is a good sign, the first time the Cubs beat the Cards in the playoffs in many, many years could mean that the Blues knock off the Hawks for the first time in quite a few years in the playoffs, lol.

It was actually the first time the Cards and Cubs have ever met in the playoffs.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Honestly though, how do we always get so many crucial injuries in St Louis sports, whereas the only guaranteed injury Chicago gets every year is Derrick Rose?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
None of the Blues injuries are that big a deal as far as we know. Fabbri's is the biggest question mark. To me a big injury is: Pietro or Tarasenko are out for the year. A top 6 guy out a couple weeks, not a problem and creates an opportunity for someone else (hopefully at some point Rattie).

For example, Shattenkirk out is a great chance to see Parayko in important minutes you can't replicate otherwise.

Too much whining about minor injuries on here. If Fabbri is out for months over an innocuous bit like that, he was never going to make it through this season. I'd rather figure that out sooner than later.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
None of the Blues injuries are that big a deal as far as we know. Fabbri's is the biggest question mark. To me a big injury is: Pietro or Tarasenko are out for the year. A top 6 guy out a couple weeks, not a problem and creates an opportunity for someone else (hopefully at some point Rattie).

For example, Shattenkirk out is a great chance to see Parayko in important minutes you can't replicate otherwise.

Too much whining about minor injuries on here. If Fabbri is out for months over an innocuous bit like that, he was never going to make it through this season. I'd rather figure that out sooner than later.

Getting elbowed in the head is hardly a knock on Fabbri (see what I did there?) Any player could have gotten a concussion from that - size/health matter not.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What even happened to Shatty? I don't remember his injury at all.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
What even happened to Shatty? I don't remember his injury at all.

Suspected he has a slight groin injury. He left in the 2nd period of the game against Calgary and probably needs another week to 10 days according to his comments.

I'd like to see him return, so that Bort can give Parayko a night off. It's an awful lot to ask a rookie to go from <40 games/season to 82. He's going to need breaks along the way.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Shatty is skating in the full team practice. He could be back on Saturday. Hopefully Rattie replaces Butler and we can give him some minutes. Even if it's just 4th line duty and rotating with an Upshall/Gomez, get some minutes on a short-term basis would be good for him. Send him back once Stastny/Fabbri return.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Shatty is skating in the full team practice. He could be back on Saturday. Hopefully Rattie replaces Butler and we can give him some minutes. Even if it's just 4th line duty and rotating with an Upshall/Gomez, get some minutes on a short-term basis would be good for him. Send him back once Stastny/Fabbri return.

See here: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...cle_1875b937-d6b6-5aa1-8617-d8c382f70a2e.html

He is going to take a bit longer than you might think...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad