GDT: The 2014 Playoffs Talk: Outside Looking In Edition

JulianHopper*

Rangers just aren't that good, will they even win a game now?

I didn't think they were that good when they played the Flames here back in March. Kari Ramo stopped 38 of 41 shots in that game and the Flames came from behind to win 4-3.

Lundqvist let in 4 goals on 28 shots.

I wasn't impressed with the Rangers in that game at all and that's who they are.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Rangers just aren't that good, will they even win a game now?

I didn't think they were that good when they played the Flames here back in March. Kari Ramo stopped 38 of 41 shots in that game and the Flames came from behind to win 4-3.

Lundqvist let in 4 goals on 28 shots.

I wasn't impressed with the Rangers in that game at all and that's who they are.

The Rangers beat the Flames at MSG, but the game was extremely close and went to a shootout, which Ramo hadn't got the handle of the shootout yet at that time.

Yeah they aren't nearly as good as the Sharks, Ducks or Hawks and they are showing that.

May 27, 2012
Earth
"Rangers aren't good"

Rangers could have been up 2-1 right in the series. They just blew those leads and lost in OT. Two games were decided in in OT and in in double OT. Those OT games could have gone either way .Rangers are good, they just cant finish their games. They are not as strong as LA but their strength are in net and Defense while LA has a good goalie,good defence,they just have better forward depth.

Kings are good don't get me wrong. Just don't make it look like the Rangers are poop.Also in the games we played the Rangers at MSG saying it was close. Same could be said for when Calgary played LA. We had close games with them as well.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeesh, that's a ridiculous statement. The Rangers gave the Kings their toughest competition in the first two games, and then the Kings won again tonight on the back of stellar goaltending and puck luck.

The Rangers weren't that impressive against the Flames, that's true. But why would we use a two-game sample size to evaluate a team? Does the Flames 3 points out of 4 in those two games make them a good team? No, not even good enough to make the playoffs.

JulianHopper*

So I guess the Rangers got to the finals out of luck?

A little bit of bad luck maybe, would they be in the finals if Carey Price wasn't injured? That was a dirty play by Chris Kreider to run the goalie like that and knock him out of the series.

Rangers wouldn't have fared any better against any other western team.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
A little bit of bad luck maybe, would they be in the finals if Carey Price wasn't injured? That was a dirty play by Chris Kreider to run the goalie like that and knock him out of the series.

Rangers wouldn't have fared any better against any other western team.

Wouldn't have happened if Emelin didn't blow his coverage, forcing him to take Kreider's feet out.

JulianHopper*

Yeesh, that's a ridiculous statement. The Rangers gave the Kings their toughest competition in the first two games, and then the Kings won again tonight on the back of stellar goaltending and puck luck.

The Rangers weren't that impressive against the Flames, that's true. But why would we use a two-game sample size to evaluate a team? Does the Flames 3 points out of 4 in those two games make them a good team? No, not even good enough to make the playoffs.

Actually no, it's not a ridiculous statement at all.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Actually no, it's not a ridiculous statement at all.

It is ridiculous. The Rangers didn't trip and fall into the finals. They may not be the second best team in the NHL, but they are one of only two teams with the opportunity to win the Stanley cup. Bad teams do not play in the Finals. They have dominated the Kings for the majority of this series, and it truly is unlucky for them, mixed with a bad call and two bad periods, that leaves them down 3-0 in this series. LA has not been the better team, but they have been the more opportunistic. LA managed FIFTEEN shots yesterday, and won 3-0. That alone shows how the series has gone for both teams. Lundqvist was extraordinarily unlucky yesterday, and Quick was exactly the opposite.

Saying the Rangers aren't a good team... What a friggin thing to say.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Ridiculous how the puck just touched the goal line and stayed out. Didn't we make a joke about Berra needing snow walls to help make saves earlier this season? That's pretty much what saved that one almost goal.

Aug 3, 2010
This game will just not end and I don't even know who I want to win anymore.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Even if the Rangers lose, I am convinced King Henrik is the best goalie in the league. I thought Lundqvist was a top goalie already but this series solidifies him.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I cannot wait until the vCash pays out! Gimme gimme gimme!

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad