The 2014 HFNHL Entry Draft Thread

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The season is winding down so it's time to shift our focus.

The 2014 HFNHL Entry Draft will occur on Saturday, June 21 at 10am EST.

As always, please advise us if you cannot attend and you will be asked to submit a list at a later date.

Stay tuned for more details.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Anyone want to take a crack at what the draft order looks like (considering the complicated new system)?

We know the bottom four teams will Florida, Columbus, St. Louis, and Vancouver in some order.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Courtesy of Jon, here's our current draft order.

Sharks (won the lottery)
Capitals
Lightning
Hurricanes via Ducks
Hurricanes
Jets
Stars
Senators
Penguins
Coyotes
Bruins
Sabres
Blackhawks
Islanders
Oilers
Panthers via Devils
Wild
Flames
Ducks via Flyers
Predators
Blues
Maple Leafs
Canadiens
Rangers (Division winner)
Kings (Division winner)
Lightnings via Avalanche (Division winner)
Panthers via Blue Jackets
Canucks
Blues
Islanders via Panthers (Division winner)

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Damn, coaching ball hockey playoffs with a 10:00AM start.

In a metal dome with no wireless signal.

Basically, a living nightmare.

At least you only have one pick on the first day, and that pick is going to be 29 or 30 in the round. Could be worse.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Courtesy of Jon, here's our current draft order.

Sharks (won the lottery)
Capitals
Lightning
Hurricanes via Ducks
Hurricanes
Jets
Stars
Senators
Penguins
Coyotes
Bruins
Sabres
Blackhawks
Islanders
Oilers
Panthers via Devils
Wild
Flames
Ducks via Flyers
Predators
Blues
Maple Leafs
Canadiens
Kings (Division winner)
Canucks
Blues

Ummm this cant be correct given im not here an i still have my first lol

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
I screwed up and put the Blues twice. Here is the actual order removing the first of the Blues picks.

Sharks (won the lottery)
Capitals
Lightning
Hurricanes via Ducks
Hurricanes
Jets
Stars
Senators
Penguins
Coyotes
Bruins
Sabres
Blackhawks
Islanders
Oilers
Panthers via Devils
Wild
Flames
Ducks via Flyers
Predators
Maple Leafs
Canadiens
Red Wings
Kings (Division winner)
Canucks
Blues

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Just to bump this...here's an updated draft order.

Also, just making sure everyone is aware of this. Attending the draft this weekend, or sending a list is a requirement. Failure to do so will mean your removal from the league.

Also, as a heads up, day two draft lists will be due Wednesday at 3pm EST. So start your lists for those now so we don't have any issues.

Last edited:

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
That 10am schedules going to be tough for me to make luckly im picking late an we know how late the draft is worst case scenario my Co-GM will atleast do my first round pick if thats okay? Friend from bramptons coming down that weekend. So ill be drinking that night after getting off work at 11pm. Ill be there for the draft but worst case ill have my co draft if thats okay?

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
That 10am schedules going to be tough for me to make luckly im picking late an we know how late the draft is worst case scenario my Co-GM will atleast do my first round pick if thats okay? Friend from bramptons coming down that weekend. So ill be drinking that night after getting off work at 11pm. Ill be there for the draft but worst case ill have my co draft if thats okay?

You can also trade that 1st round pick to me for the 62nd and 67th picks. I guess you should make it in time for the 3rd round.. ;)

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver

More than fine to have Joe draft for you, just need to make sure the team is represented by someone at the draft or a list to Brock.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Also, as a heads up, day two draft lists will be due Wednesday at 3pm EST. So start your lists for those now so we don't have any issues.

Am I mistaken in thinking that in years past that we had a few hours after the completion of the first three rounds to regroup and make lists based upon who was still available? I may be totally off on that count. I don't want to miss a player who has fallen out of Day 1 based upon my inability to know who makes it out. I'm working on putting a list together right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad