Why we need to trade Barrie now.
Why we need to trade Elliott now.
Rights > Lefts.
Lefts > Rights.
2nd round picks.
2nd round picks to Washington.
Stastny+ for Left handed defenseman.
#1 defensemen are bustz.
Denver Post paying Dater for scouting report.
Jonez can play left!
Petan=Magic.
Dauphin, underrated?
Chuck for Klimchuk!!!!!
Another Theodore in an Avs jersey, and he has Shea (Weber) in his name!
Avs suck at developing defensemen.
6'3"+ size forward for 2nd rounder, RAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
Draft MacKinnon!!!!!!!!!!!
Drouin is so dynamic.
We traded ROB to keep #3 available.
Seth is a Red Wings fan in reality he was a Stars fan.
In Pracey we Trust.
The lottery is rigged!
Who's our next head coach and GM?
Pessimistic fear.

and

praceyreactiontcua0.gif

Optimism.

Note: Sorry could not add everyone to the poll. I left out Santini, Thompson, de la Rose, Bowey, Buchnevich, McCoshen, Sørensen, Bjorkstrand, Kujawinski, Arnesson, Roy, Fasching, and others.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If we don't draft Matrix Line, this draft has been a major bust. I see a huge future for him and he will quite possibly supplant Duchy for #1 center AND Varly for #1 goalie. Add Jones as our #1 defender and we're a Stanley Cup champ just drafting those two.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So if we nab Drouin or Mack where do you folks slot them for next season?

Drouin is definitely at least on the 2nd line.
MacKinnon depends on where you play him. if it's wing he too has to be at least on the 2nd line and it would be hard to keep him off the 1st.
if he stays at C then he'll start on the 3rd line and likely end up on the 2nd line by mid season.

but we're not taking either one so it doesn't matter.
Seth Jones to the rescue! :yo:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I voted Zykov for the 2nd rounder, would love a big power forward winger who scores goals. However I have my doubts he'll be there, Theodore I like as well... A big offensive minded left handed guy would be perfect, with EJ looking to be more focused on defense.

Theo would be a great option for the future next to EJ if he can develop well. While I think we'd be fine finding a left handed shutdown vet to play with Jones in the short term, and then Siemens in the long term. (Left handed shutdown vets are easier to find than anyone else.)

Theo - EJ

Siemens - Jones

Vet - Elliott/Barrie

That would be a sick future if they all hit pretty close to their potential.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Would Drouin play well with Dutch? Or Mack with either Lando or Dutch?

if we draft Mac i wanna see Duchene, Landeskog and him on the first line.
they will own some mothers next year. same if we take Drouin.
but there's PAP to consider as well.

I voted Zykov for the 2nd rounder, would love a big power forward winger who scores goals. However I have my doubts he'll be there, Theodore I like as well... A big offensive minded left handed guy would be perfect, with EJ looking to be more focused on defense.

Theo would be a great option for the future next to EJ if he can develop well. While I think we'd be fine finding a left handed shutdown vet to play with Jones in the short term, and then Siemens in the long term. (Left handed shutdown vets are easier to find than anyone else.)

Theo - EJ

Siemens - Jones

Vet - Elliott/Barrie

That would be a sick future if they all hit pretty close to their potential.

i wouldn't mind Zykov, another guy i like if we can't get Mueller or Hagg in the 2nd is JT Compher.
i would love to see him go to Michigan for 2-3 years, develop a bit then head to the AHL. or if he's ready the big club.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So Jones is probably going to take #3 when we draft him?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

I wish people would stop trying to put Landeskog with Duchene. It doesn't work and never will. Landeskog is (when playing his game) a bumper car that puts everything on net, Duchy needs the puck on his stick (not on the net).

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I wish people would stop trying to put Landeskog with Duchene. It doesn't work and never will. Landeskog is (when playing his game) a bumper car that puts everything on net, Duchy needs the puck on his stick (not on the net).

i wish people would stop acting like a good offensive coach can't fix that.
Duchene is good when freelancing and making plays. you can mesh that together with Landeskog and make it lethal.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Duchene is good when freelancing and making plays. you can mesh that together with Landeskog and make it lethal.

Can't fix what? There's nothing broken at all, they are just two different players that would work best having two different line types. We've already seen what happens when you try and make Landeskog play a skill game, he isn't familiar with it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Landeskog being on the 2nd line with Staz or ROR, he works well with both of them and we could use his defensive abilities on another line so that whenever a PK comes up we can send either he or Duchy out 1st unit.

Landeskog's skill is wasted on a line with Duchene, that's a fact.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

There is good points to both sides, if you could get them to work well together it would be pretty awesome. However both of them need the puck as much as possible to be effective.

I like Landeskog with either of O'Reilly or Stastny better than Duchene. I had hoped it would work as well, but it made Landeskog look far less effective to be honest.

McGinn is really good in that spot on Duchene's left side. We just don't have the winger depth to keep McGinn there and let Stastny just play with 4th liners (And no not third, fourth liners because that's what PJ, McLeod, Jones, and Kobasew are).

We need one more complimentary winger (McGinn), and one more clear cut top 6 winger (Parenteau).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

First of all Draft Drouin and other midgets.:D

How would you know they don't work well together, if they've never played for a significant time with each other? Mcginn plays a similar game to Landy and he was much better with Duchene as opposed to Stastny. I don't see why Landy and DUchene wouldn't work well together both players are talented and smart enough to adapt to each others style.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Can't fix what? There's nothing broken at all, they are just two different players that would work best having two different line types. We've already seen what happens when you try and make Landeskog play a skill game, he isn't familiar with it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Landeskog being on the 2nd line with Staz or ROR, he works well with both of them and we could use his defensive abilities on another line so that whenever a PK comes up we can send either he or Duchy out 1st unit.

Landeskog's skill is wasted on a line with Duchene, that's a fact.

a good coach can mesh them together, it won't take away from either one's strength. this is nor different than when people swear two basketball players can't mesh together because they both need the ball to be effective.
coaching would allow them to mesh their games together. they're the best two players on the team, it's nonsense that they can't play together.

There is good points to both sides, if you could get them to work well together it would be pretty awesome. However both of them need the puck as much as possible to be effective.

I like Landeskog with either of O'Reilly or Stastny better than Duchene. I had hoped it would work as well, but it made Landeskog look far less effective to be honest.

McGinn is really good in that spot on Duchene's left side. We just don't have the winger depth to keep McGinn there and let Stastny just play with 4th liners (And no not third, fourth liners because that's what PJ, McLeod, Jones, and Kobasew are).

We need one more complimentary winger (McGinn), and one more clear cut top 6 winger (Parenteau).

they've barely played together. neither one has been in the league so long that they can't adjust and tweak to fit. they can play together. it's all about finding a coach who can mesh them together and work in each ones strength and mitigate the weaknesses.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
but let me get back on topic. cause that's a irrelevant discussion since we don't know who the coach will be or the construct of the team.

while a 2 way forward would be nice i'm not sure that the one who falls will be better than a potential D man who does.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
First of all Draft Drouin and other midgets.:D

How would you know they don't work well together, if they've never played for a significant time with each other? Mcginn plays a similar game to Landy and he was much better with Duchene as opposed to Stastny. I don't see why Landy and DUchene wouldn't work well together both players are talented and smart enough to adapt to each others style.

McGinn plays a more skilled game than Landeskog, for whatever reason he seems to have forgotten his physical game since arriving. He is definitely a shooter, more of a sniper than Landeskog too. But aside from that, he isn't defensively strong, doesn't lead the rush like Landy can and he doesn't separate people from the puck often. He's good in the corners as a grinder and good as a third wheel on a line for shooting.

Landeskog would be wasted with Duchene if he was dumbed down into that role. We saw just that early on in the year when he was with Duchy, often lost in the play just floating around looking for Duchy to hit him with a pass or trying to crash the net. When he's on his game he is constantly working with ROR, cycling and stealing the puck.

a good coach can mesh them together, it won't take away from either one's strength. this is nor different than when people swear two basketball players can't mesh together because they both need the ball to be effective.
coaching would allow them to mesh their games together. they're the best two players on the team, it's nonsense that they can't play together.

You just keep saying coaching could mesh their games together. You don't say how or why we would alter either of their games to fit eachother's style nor consider the fact that altering either of their games may very well make both of them less effective players.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
McGinn plays a more skilled game than Landeskog, for whatever reason he seems to have forgotten his physical game since arriving. He is definitely a shooter, more of a sniper than Landeskog too. But aside from that, he isn't defensively strong, doesn't lead the rush like Landy can and he doesn't separate people from the puck often. He's good in the corners as a grinder and good as a third wheel on a line for shooting.

Landeskog would be wasted with Duchene if he was dumbed down into that role. We saw just that early on in the year when he was with Duchy, often lost in the play just floating around looking for Duchy to hit him with a pass or trying to crash the net. When he's on his game he is constantly working with ROR, cycling and stealing the puck.

I don't think Mcginn plays a more skilled game than Landy at all. Jamie may be hitting less but he's still hitting and it's probably because he isn't on the 3rd line like he was in SJ, his line has more of the puck so less chances to hit. Defense is irrelevant here because we're discussing if Landy and Duchene can work together OFFENSIVELY.

Landeskog was poor all year round and he himself got away from his game. You can't judge players based on 4 games, you have to give them time to gel. In any case Drouin is going to part of the team in just a couple of moths so, there's no need to have Landy with Matt.:D

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

If they end up drafting Mac and move him to wing, I'd rather put him with O'Reilly and Landy. I think he could add a great skill element to that line, and really help fill out a top two scoring line approach without Stastny.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

That Mac - Duchene - Landeskog line is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad