The 2013 ATD Sign Up Thread (MOD: Draft order in post 415)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I can see the dilemma.

On one hand, the defending champ should absolutely be in the ATD to...well...defend his title :D

On the other hand, I don't necessarily agree with "forcing" new GMs to team with veterans in their first runs. I understand the logic behind it, but I think newbies should be allowed to be on their if they want to. I went solo in my first ATD here and I did pretty well.

One reason not to require the two rookies to co-GM at this point is that nobody told them right away when they tried to sign up. Maybe we should have, but we didn't.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm honored to say that I will be joining the Ottawa Senators management team. I'd like to thank overpass for this opportunity, and am eager to see what it's like in the front office. I'd like to thank everyone in the Senators organization for their patience and guidance, both in getting to this point and in the future. I hope to continue the Senators tradition of success and commitment to our fans and the great city of Ottawa.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm honored to say that I will be joining the Ottawa Senators management team. I'd like to thank overpass for this opportunity, and am eager to see what it's like in the front office. I'd like to thank everyone in the Senators organization for their patience and guidance, both in getting to this point and in the future. I hope to continue the Senators tradition of success and commitment to our fans and the great city of Ottawa.

Nicely done :handclap:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

Very nice! You have a hell of a co-gm to mentor you!

Last edited:

overpass

Jun 7, 2007

Confirmed and welcome aboard!

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
"I'm honored to say that I will be joining the Ottawa Senators management team. I'd like to thank overpass for this opportunity, and am eager to see what it's like in the front office. I'd like to thank everyone in the Senators organization for their patience and guidance, both in getting to this point and in the future. I hope to continue the Senators tradition of success and commitment to our fans and the great city of Ottawa." ------ Crash Davis

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
How many days has he been missing now?

While I certainly don't blame a first time GM for wanting to stay as far away from the rules discussion as possible, he hasn't signed onto hfboards for 6 days.

Give him a little while though; I didn't PM him until last night.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
While I certainly don't blame a first time GM for wanting to stay as far away from the rules discussion as possible, he hasn't signed onto hfboards for 6 days.

Give him a little while though; I didn't PM him until last night.

Oh the draft hasn't started yet so I will give him some slack , but not login in for 6 consecutive days on the site is not a good sign for a rookie GM without co-gm in general.The draft could've started without him knowing it.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Oh the draft hasn't started yet so I will give him some slack , but not login in for 6 consecutive days on the site is not a good sign for a rookie GM without co-gm in general.The draft could've started without him knowing it.

Regardless of everything else, I think a rookie GM without a co-GM who misses his 1st round pick gets bumped when there's a waiting list. That's a long way from happening though.

I am concerned about a rookie GM with only 104 posts on hfboards who has never posted in the history section, though.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Regardless of everything else, I think a rookie GM without a co-GM who misses his 1st round pick gets bumped when there's a waiting list. That's a long way from happening though.

I am concerned about a rookie GM with only 104 posts on hfboards who has never posted in the history section, though.

This is why we should have maintained the rookie=co-gm rules , with possible exceptions if the poster is very well known in another part of the site as being a regular who will log in regularly.

Either way this isn't a big problem for the moment.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Just another reason it was premature to do that draft order :deadhorse

6a00e0098b2191883300e553ccf9b98834-800wi

Heh, seriously though, I don't see any way we can keep that draft order now, not with the number of GMs questioning its validity.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
arrbez hasn't claimed a spot and said he'd be offline for long periods, so I think we're done waiting for him. He wants a co-GM anyway, so might as well fill the spots and let him choose his team later.

So the question is:

DemonsOnIce96? Signed up first. 104 posts, none on the history board, hasn't been online in a week, didn't respond to my PM, but might be waiting until the Sat start of the season to sign back in.

or

BubbaBoot? Signed up late. 7000+ posts, many on the history board. Been posting here even after told the draft was full.

I hate to bump someone who signed up first, but I know who better fits the profile of a reliable GM.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Both arrbez and Darth Yoda have CONFIRMED interest in having a team (though indeed arrbez as co-GM). Why not let them headman the last two teams and if DemonsOnIce96 or BubbaBoot show up they could co-GM with one of them.

All we would need then is a team name from arrbez, and it'll likely be Inglewood Jacks (I'd bet on it!).

31. arrbez & _______ -
32. Darth Yoda & ____________ - Viking Maniacs

NEWBIES WANTING TEAMS:

DemonsOnIce96 - Renfrew Creamery Kings
BubbaBoot (interested newbie)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I hate to bump someone who signed up first, but I know who better fits the profile of a reliable GM.
How about PMing both of them and the first to reply, gets. The one who signed up first has been AWOL, not logged on, not responding to PMs, not reading posts inquiring about him either (so he's not lurking and reading the planning thread - simply not at all involved).

I suspect Bubba will PM you quickly since he has logged on each of the last three days (and I've answered questions of his via PM - seems darn eager and active).

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
So,... I PM'd arrbez and BubbaBoot to see if they'd co-GM.

ATD 2013 sign-up list:

1. Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
2. monster_bertuzzi - Vancouver Millionares
3. Hobnobs - Seattle Eskimos
4. Jafar - Montreal Canadiens
5. Murphy & God Made Me - Edmonton Mercurys
6. Modo - Dawson City Nuggets
7. markrander87 - Cincinnati Fireworks
8. TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
9. BillyShoe1721 - Philadelphia Flyers
10. Dwight - West Island Lions
11. Johnny Engine - Yekaterinburg Automobilist