The 2011 Undrafteds Thread

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Two others, I'm on my phone but has Miroslav Frycer been selected?

Also, Inge Hammarstrom who played with the Blues in the 70's was highly renown for his skating, I think on a coaches poll he may have placed very high. I'd have to dig it up later to confirm.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Two others, I'm on my phone but has Miroslav Frycer been selected?

Also, Inge Hammarstrom who played with the Blues in the 70's was highly renown for his skating, I think on a coaches poll he may have placed very high. I'd have to dig it up later to confirm.

Frycer was taken, but not Hammarstrom.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Just throwing names on top of my heads here , feel free to discredit them right away:

turner stevenson

mike komisarek

igor ulanov

francis bouillon

brian savage

Last edited:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Just throwing names on top of my heads here , feel free to discredit them right away:

turner stevenson

mike komisarek

igor ulanov

francis bouillon

brian savage

Definitely a guy I had thought about, I think Savage had a pretty consistent career (this is acknowledging his entire career, not that he'd breakout in the first month of the season and then disappear.) He had 4 20+ goal seasons.

And seventies, would you consider Hammarstrom at this point?

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
It would be funny to have an AAA team that uses Savage as a 1st liner for the first month of the season, then as an injury replacement the rest of the way. Because by golly he would own the single month scoring records.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK

turner stevenson

mike komisarek

igor ulanov

francis bouillon

brian savage

I like Ulanov and Stevenson a lot as players but I don't think they were ablve average at what they did.

Bouillon is just an 18 minute, 650-game defenseman.

Komisarek has been a 3rd pairing defenseman his whole career except for a nice little two-year peak in Montreal.

Savage was getting close to being one of the better scorers left.

Definitely a guy I had thought about, I think Savage had a pretty consistent career (this is acknowledging his entire career, not that he'd breakout in the first month of the season and then disappear.) He had 4 20+ goal seasons.

And seventies, would you consider Hammarstrom at this point?

I would. 4 straight 40-point seasons in the NHL and about 0.8 PPG in sweden... there is at least potential there.

It would be funny to have an AAA team that uses Savage as a 1st liner for the first month of the season, then as an injury replacement the rest of the way. Because by golly he would own the single month scoring records.

way to play to your player's strengths!

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
this thread lacks Rene Corbet, Lars-Erik Ridderström, Mika Nieminen, Esa Keskinen, Sergei Fokin, Kai Nurminen, Jiri Kucera, Marko Jantunen, Patrik Haltia. ;)

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
How about LW Matt Moulson? His career is a very odd one, but he is 189th all time in goals/game(a bad metric, I know, but at this point it's an impressive feat) among guys with relevant NHL careers. A two time 30 goal scorer, and if he should make it 3 time 30 goal scorer by the time this season is done. He would have to be the only 3x 30 goal scorer available, no? He might be the only 2x 30 goal scorer available right now. Factor in era, and I think he's deserving of a mention at least. Currently 12th in goals, he was 21st and 19th the two years previous.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Would defenceman Marc Reaume of the Toronto Maple Leafs be a decent selection at that point, or is he not even in the picture yet?

Reaume would be a great selection now. Hedberg mentioned him, and I rated him a "B", saying, Marc Reaume: Very successful in the AHL, when there was no room for him in the NHL. Like Kraftcheck, he might be MUCH better than we all think.

There's a good half-dozen guys like him out there too. Guys who got caught in the O6 numbers game but proved in the NHL in multiple seasons that they were among the "next best" players. If you believe that AHL all-stars in the O6 era were approximately 20th-30th-best in the world, even if you triple those numbers to account for talent pool expansion and the european invasion, that's like 60th-90th, which is a good #3 defenseman. (most of these guys, like Kraftcheck and Reaume, also had cups of coffee in the NHL, placing them possibly within the top-20 for a few years too) - it's arguable that their resumes are similar to playing 15 years as a #2-4 defenseman nowadays - which would make them no-brainer picks by now.

Like I said, there were a few guys like this whose AHL all-star teams stand out as exceptional. I chose Kraftcheck as the best of the bunch, but Reaume would have been my #2. I just didn't want my defense corps here to be based on the same resume type.

How about LW Matt Moulson? His career is a very odd one, but he is 189th all time in goals/game(a bad metric, I know, but at this point it's an impressive feat) among guys with relevant NHL careers. A two time 30 goal scorer, and if he should make it 3 time 30 goal scorer by the time this season is done. He would have to be the only 3x 30 goal scorer available, no? He might be the only 2x 30 goal scorer available right now. Factor in era, and I think he's deserving of a mention at least. Currently 12th in goals, he was 21st and 19th the two years previous.

I wouldn't take him still. Seemed like a career minor leaguer until he got a chance to get big offensive minutes for a horrible team, next to a guy who many thought was going to be a generational talent (and is, at the very least, a superstar on the rise). He'd be a 2nd liner on an average team, possibly even a 3rd liner on a contending team. Career value in the form of more games at the NHL level will obviously help his case and start to outweigh the above. But after just four years, no, I wouldn't say so.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Reaume would be a great selection now. Hedberg mentioned him, and I rated him a "B", saying, Marc Reaume: Very successful in the AHL, when there was no room for him in the NHL. Like Kraftcheck, he might be MUCH better than we all think.

There's a good half-dozen guys like him out there too. Guys who got caught in the O6 numbers game but proved in the NHL in multiple seasons that they were among the "next best" players. If you believe that AHL all-stars in the O6 era were approximately 20th-30th-best in the world, even if you triple those numbers to account for talent pool expansion and the european invasion, that's like 60th-90th, which is a good #3 defenseman. (most of these guys, like Kraftcheck and Reaume, also had cups of coffee in the NHL, placing them possibly within the top-20 for a few years too) - it's arguable that their resumes are similar to playing 15 years as a #2-4 defenseman nowadays - which would make them no-brainer picks by now.

Like I said, there were a few guys like this whose AHL all-star teams stand out as exceptional. I chose Kraftcheck as the best of the bunch, but Reaume would have been my #2. I just didn't want my defense corps here to be based on the same resume type.

I wouldn't take him still. Seemed like a career minor leaguer until he got a chance to get big offensive minutes for a horrible team, next to a guy who many thought was going to be a generational talent (and is, at the very least, a superstar on the rise). He'd be a 2nd liner on an average team, possibly even a 3rd liner on a contending team. Career value in the form of more games at the NHL level will obviously help his case and start to outweigh the above. But after just four years, no, I wouldn't say so.

Since memories are not accepted as "evidence" or "proof" we will probably never see Reaume in the AAA/AA where he is supposed to be.

Edit: Ofcourse I'm only saying this because he played in Detorit for 40 something games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00