The 2011 A Draft Pre-Discussion: ATTN: Bring Back Scuderi, hedberg, chaosrevolver

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Hey guys,

we are looking at having a Single-A draft, as you all are aware.

there are three other potential participants: VanIslander, BenchBrawl, and myself.

please choose one of these three formats:

1. three picks a day, starting December 23rd and done on the 30th, done in time for a fresh new year
2. take it easy through the holidays, start January 2nd, 2 picks a day
3. equally fine with either

anyone else is free to vote, provided they understand their vote means they are joining the A draft! More entries is, of course, a good thing.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
thanks to whoever changed the thread title. this is more clear and concise.

(i wasn't just being sloppy, i was going to just make this a "temporary" thread and delete it when done)

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
I'm in camp 3 as well. Either option is fine with me so if there's a preference for others that works.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
So be it. December 23rd it is. This overlaps with the AA playoffs, so we will be quite busy.

There will be 1931 drafted players and coaches by the time this is done. :yo:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
stop posting more than one post on the other thread!!!

use THIS thread for all pre-draft single-a discussion

use the other Single-A thread only for making one (1) post~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(until everyone has signed up a roster post)

a mod will have to clean up that thread now

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Sorry again , losing these privileges is a pain in the ass not to mention I didn't deserve it at all.I really hope I can get them back before the ATD.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Sorry again , losing these privileges is a pain in the ass not to mention I didn't deserve it at all.I really hope I can get them back before the ATD.
you will eventually

no big problem with the mistake... as long as others don't copy the habit!! Let's have a neat, orderly roster post formation. It's much easier to compare teams to have them all together, and it's nicer for posterity's sake (thread will be linked for reference in future draft years).

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Are we going to have playoffs? If not, I'm going to be a lot more adventurous about my team. I kind of prefer we don't have playoffs because it will allow for riskier picks and possibly great new discoveries.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
Any hopes of a short-list guiding me through this draft were dashed. More people wanna do the A than AA, crazy.

Also I think Billy's onto something with that idea. I didn't even think playoffs for the AA would have be necessary, not that I'm opposed to them at all, and it definitely would have those advantages. I just wonder how sincere we're going to be able to be in our judgments at this level. Having a more extensive all-star process could still let us go to bat for our guys, without it getting quite so messy :dunno:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
After discussions this morning me and Dave have both decided to sit this 1 out after all. There's 8 teams here, that should be enough. I won't speak for Dave but I'll be back with a solo entry for the ATD. I'll watch this 1 from the sidelines as I did last year. Good luck to everyone and I anticipate seeing who gets picked.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad