The 20-60-20 Percent Expectation....Hawks already near limit...

BreadKick

Feb 7, 2016
This pretty much looks like the Bell Curve which is indicative of a lot of areas of human activity.
It's just an averaging of performance, accomplishments, common traits vs uncommon traits etc etc.

if average performance can be shown as 20-60-20, the winning one should be 72-15-88, right?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
In baseball, football, and basketball ... run/point differential does highlight the dominant teams.

Yes ... the Hawks have to improve. They can't make it a habit of going down by 2/3 goals before half the game is over.

The Hawks are first in the western conference in goal differential, second in the NHL.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
50, if you go by this breakdown your posts should be 20% negative, 20% positive, and 60% neutral. Your posts are 100% negative, maybe if you follow these percentages the Hawks will to

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So you want me to be more positive? Tell me how that is possible when fat'cats getting over $6 million to $10.5 million All pull MIA's in the same game...8 could understand if some of them were "off" ...but ALL of them ? How can anyone tolerate that level.of do not care to show up and earn the paycheck...For cheap bottom.line grunts ...well you cannot criticize lesser talent much ...but still even there we see other teams lesser lights rise up big to embarrass our vaunted Hawks...I suggested that 15 stinkers so far in 62 games is way above average for stinkers ...on any Bell Curve..The Bell curve was 16 stinkers allowed in 82 games...not 62...this feature of Hawks lazy ness is directly a result of Q and his Country Club tolerance...he does expect payback for these extra quantity of poop-fests by the "special " talent only the Hawks seem to have of flipping the darn switch to a much higher level.in 0layoffs..But while we might look Forward in positive anticipation for that annual event,we simply cannot dismiss negative critique of regular season popper. ..which happens in way to many of our games this season so far ...I am supposed to praise no shows and lazy indifference?Come on...get real...We have high standards for our beloved Blackhawks...when they Fail way below those standards they need to be criticized ...there should be negative commentary. .You simply cannot tolerate feces play when it happens. ..Yet there was Country Club Q not scowling after one of his team's worst if not the worst showing this season..no ...Q. was laughing it off in that press conference ...as of...what can I do about these lazy players? Smiling because it is just another meaningless grind game in the regular season and if fans get cheated by his team going MIA 20 times in 82 ...he will tolerate such poop for for payback to his genius coaching legend by their elevation to the highest level.in the playoffs.
So if the fans get cheated out now 3xpectation their team.is there to compete in a "contest" in regular season...tough for those fans paying to watch with those expectations...He could care less
.as long as he gets his payback from his lazy players later...8n playoffs....when finally they All show up to pull on the oars together. (OR..as least that better hapoen again...if it does ...then the negativity gives way to basking in glory again..and all the dynasty talk again...astndndbit all goes nothing but positive ...astndndbit a in. .then the negativity goes away again till next season when once again the lazy bums go Country Club on us for too many regular season "contests" and again 5he negativity swarms ...as it should...This IS the cyclenofmlife for a Q team and for their fans
.We must demand better than beyond the normal expected amount of poop games in the 82 section...We will.praise tge flipped switch for the next 20+ games it takes through a Cup Final and win.

WE criticize when Required ...we Praise when tge ship gets Docked...this is "normal" fan behaviour...I suggest it is abnormal for fans to be positive after getting embarrassed 6-1 ...especially when you see one $6 million + D-man go -3 and look like a dlowbpylon who refuses to show competence in skating and brutal defending of his own zone...or when another $6 million million + D-man goes -2 and makes errors like in his rookie year many moons ago ...basic errors a pee-wee is taught not to do.
.Or when one $10.5 million fat-cat star player cares so little he looks like he would rather be back in Machu Picchu instead ..

or when the other $10.5 million star gives us 1 shift where he might get some praise for scoring a goal...we're it not just a lucky shot type goal
..and so the "effort" from these "stars" should be turned somehow into positives? ARE YOU NUTS? Of course Negative comments about their play in this game are merited...you gotta be Loco to be positive posting after that debacle!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So you want me to be more positive? Tell me how that is possible when fat'cats getting over $6 million to $10.5 million All pull MIA's in the same game...8 could understand if some of them were "off" ...but ALL of them ? How can anyone tolerate that level.of do not care to show up and earn the paycheck...For cheap bottom.line grunts ...well you cannot criticize lesser talent much ...but still even there we see other teams lesser lights rise up big to embarrass our vaunted Hawks...I suggested that 15 stinkers so far in 62 games is way above average for stinkers ...on any Bell Curve..The Bell curve was 16 stinkers allowed in 82 games...not 62...this feature of Hawks lazy ness is directly a result of Q and his Country Club tolerance...he does expect payback for these extra quantity of poop-fests by the "special " talent only the Hawks seem to have of flipping the darn switch to a much higher level.in 0layoffs..But while we might look Forward in positive anticipation for that annual event,we simply cannot dismiss negative critique of regular season popper. ..which happens in way to many of our games this season so far ...I am supposed to praise no shows and lazy indifference?Come on...get real...We have high standards for our beloved Blackhawks...when they Fail way below those standards they need to be criticized ...there should be negative commentary. .You simply cannot tolerate feces play when it happens. ..Yet there was Country Club Q not scowling after one of his team's worst if not the worst showing this season..no ...Q. was laughing it off in that press conference ...as of...what can I do about these lazy players? Smiling because it is just another meaningless grind game in the regular season and if fans get cheated by his team going MIA 20 times in 82 ...he will tolerate such poop for for payback to his genius coaching legend by their elevation to the highest level.in the playoffs.
So if the fans get cheated out now 3xpectation their team.is there to compete in a "contest" in regular season...tough for those fans paying to watch with those expectations...He could care less
.as long as he gets his payback from his lazy players later...8n playoffs....when finally they All show up to pull on the oars together. (OR..as least that better hapoen again...if it does ...then the negativity gives way to basking in glory again..and all the dynasty talk again...astndndbit all goes nothing but positive ...astndndbit a in. .then the negativity goes away again till next season when once again the lazy bums go Country Club on us for too many regular season "contests" and again 5he negativity swarms ...as it should...This IS the cyclenofmlife for a Q team and for their fans
.We must demand better than beyond the normal expected amount of poop games in the 82 section...We will.praise tge flipped switch for the next 20+ games it takes through a Cup Final and win.

WE criticize when Required ...we Praise when tge ship gets Docked...this is "normal" fan behaviour...I suggest it is abnormal for fans to be positive after getting embarrassed 6-1 ...especially when you see one $6 million + D-man go -3 and look like a dlowbpylon who refuses to show competence in skating and brutal defending of his own zone...or when another $6 million million + D-man goes -2 and makes errors like in his rookie year many moons ago ...basic errors a pee-wee is taught not to do.
.Or when one $10.5 million fat-cat star player cares so little he looks like he would rather be back in Machu Picchu instead ..

or when the other $10.5 million star gives us 1 shift where he might get some praise for scoring a goal...we're it not just a lucky shot type goal
..and so the "effort" from these "stars" should be turned somehow into positives? ARE YOU NUTS? Of course Negative comments about their play in this game are merited...you gotta be Loco to be positive posting after that debacle!

Nothing wrong with being critical but you are literally chicken little and over react to every game and the most minor of things.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Fiddy - this isn't the standard college class graded on a bell curve. It's a class where 10% of the grade is attendance and 90% is decided on the Final. You do enough to NOT get kicked out of class ... and have the opportunity to take the Final.

BTW - I heard a loud yelp from the homeless dogs of Chicago when Rozy received a game misconduct. Perhaps you should try to join Q's Country Club. It's expensive ... but stress free during the season. Try it ... and they also serve hot dogs.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

First off, I have only read the first line of your post because well, just because..... As far as something to be positive about, we have won 3 cups in 6 years and currently have the 3rd most points in the NHL. How can YOU not find SOMETHING to be positive about? We are not the Leafs or the Blue Jackets, those teams are a train wreck. We are thin, your whipping boy Toes is playing with two 4th liners. The team has issues, holes, lacks depth. But to moan like you do is way off base.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
It's all in your mind, Mr. Fifty. You have the power to break the Q-team cycle of life.

TrollHawks will TrollHawk. Until further developments warrant a change in outlook, be content with the regular season to date and look forward to seeing what the trade deadline and the playoffs will bring.

Namaste.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's all in your mind, Mr. Fifty. You have the power to break the Q-team cycle of life.

TrollHawks will TrollHawk. Until further developments warrant a change in outlook, be content with the regular season to date and look forward to seeing what the trade deadline and the playoffs will bring.

Namaste.

Fiddy is not a troll. Entertaining ... yes. Confused ... yes. Always waiting for the other foot to drop ... yes. But Fiddy is definitely a Hawks fan. Fiddy is always watching or listening to every game. It takes an incredible level of commitment to look for a black cloud in every game.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
Fiddy is not a troll. Entertaining ... yes. Confused ... yes. Always waiting for the other foot to drop ... yes. But Fiddy is definitely a Hawks fan. Fiddy is always watching or listening to every game. It takes an incredible level of commitment to look for a black cloud in every game.

You misunderstand me. No question that none but a fan could construct such epic wordmountains, and I salute Mr. Fifty for his passion (if not his patience with typing on a phone).

The troll comment was for the team itself, adept as they are at inviting skepticism with less-than-stellar play, only to dial it up at the most opportune times. Not sayin' a ride like that's gonna last forever, but I gotta go glass half-full until Stan, Q and the team prove worthy of less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad