Confirmed with Link: The ‪‎Flames‬ have added Dave Cameron and Paul Jerrard to the coaching staff

Aug 21, 2014
Cameron eh? I thought he was resigning in October. :sarcasm:

Jerrard and Gully seem like besties. He's been with Gully since 2010

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
So someone else's Assistant Coach as our Head Coach and Someone else's Head Coach as our Assistant Coach?

Man this season is going to be a fun one! No idea what to expect other than a Jennings Trophy :sarcasm:

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
So someone else's Assistant Coach as our Head Coach and Someone else's Head Coach as our Assistant Coach?

Man this season is going to be a fun one! No idea what to expect other than a Jennings Trophy :sarcasm:

That sounds like the beginning of a game of thrones plotline.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
tumblr_inline_o1ti1oOpiA1sqw2t1_500.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Cameron has alot of coaching experience and little of it is as an NHL head coach, so I'm not sure juding him based on 137 games of his coaching career is all that fair when between the CHL, AHL and as an NHL assistant he has another 1100+ games to be judged on.

Jerrard on the other hand is a career assistant, he was with Gulutzan with the Texas Stars and Dallas Stars, he also spent the last 3 years in Utica with the Comets. Prior to his time with Dallas he spent 4 years in Iowa, the first 3 with the Stars and 1 with the Chops. It appears that Stars organization thought enough of Jerrard to hold onto him as an assistant in the AHL even after breaking their affiliation with Iowa for 1 season (when they were the Chops, they were affiliated with Anaheim and then purchased by the Stars after that year).

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We still got a former head coach in the league as an assistant.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Sure, see how this goes :laugh:.

Honestly have no strong reaction to this or the Gully signing for that matter, not sure if that's good or not :laugh:

moon*

Like most (maybe all) fans I can't say much about how these guys will be as Asst. Coaches but I found Cameron entertaining in his press conferences at least.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Like most (maybe all) fans I can't say much about how these guys will be as Asst. Coaches but I found Cameron entertaining in his press conferences at least.

his accent drove me insane. somewhere between Boston, Brooklyn, Quebec, and a hint of Newfie. I have no idea where he's from or what his native tongue is but that accent is not one I have heard before.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00