Player Discussion Thatcher Demko

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
having an elite 1C, 1D, 1G was the main identity of this core, no hyperbole, he is a main engine of this team's function. They need to send his x-rays to a top notch doctor for a honest evaluationn and start to plan for adjustments on the fly when the window really opens for 40/43 from 2025-27. There will be no high picks from now on.

Reactions: mathonwy

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
having an elite 1C, 1D, 1G was the main identity of this core, no hyperbole, he is a main engine of this team's function. They need to send his x-rays to a top notch doctor for a honest evaluationn and start to plan for adjustments on the fly when the window really opens for 40/43 from 2025-27. There will be no high picks from now on.

can’t they just take out his blood, spin around in a centrifuge, then put it back in like kobe bryant did?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Knee injuries are tricky as hell, especially for goalies. Its actually a nighmare for them. We've seen from Dan Cloutier, than of course Luongo. Demko has 2 more years after this, after this, I think I'm done with him. we can't go with someone that keeps getting hurt. We need to try and see if we can luck out and build a team as good as Vegas that can win without a star goalie or something.

Reactions: TruKnyte

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
The window was open this year: Don't kid yourself by taking it for granted that the Canucks will continue to get better.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Probably the easiest path in some time to get to the wcf and sami salo v2 has to get injured

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The very fact that the Canucks emptied out their goaltending depth in Abbotsford, tells me Demko could be lucky to play another game for the Canucks this season--even if they were to win a couple o rounds.

Both Silovs and Tolopilo are in Nashville on emergency recall; leaving the Abby Canucks scrambling. Zach Sawchenko, who's played in only a handful of games all season, will have to carry the mail for as long as their playoff run goes.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I just don't enjoy all the negativity towards a player when they get injuried. Before all this, you guys were all celebrating his abilities.
He is a fantastic goalie.

He has troublesome injury history.

Both can be true at the same time.

demko and petterson let this team down.

we're not winning anything
How many goals has our top6 scored so far in the playoffs?

Reactions: lawrence

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Should have made the Pettersson decision after this playoffs, if he is as invisible as the first 2 games then that sucks. Just give me good old prarie raised Canadian boys.

Reactions: lawrence

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Should have made the Pettersson decision after this playoffs, if he is as invisible as the first 2 games then that sucks. Just give me good old prarie raised Canadian boys.
Wrong thread.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Management has to start planning for our next starter unfortunately. Demko is fantastic but his injury history is a major red flag going forward.

Reactions: 4th line culture

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Should be drafting a potential starter in the near future. Love Demko and want to win with him, but all of these injuries are worrisome.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Honestly it must be devastating for Demko. He is one of the most serious athletes we know, always doing the most he possibly can to train and be prepared. You’d have to be a robot for this not to be a huge mental and emotional blow.

I really feel for the kid.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Honestly it must be devastating for Demko. He is one of the most serious athletes we know, always doing the most he possibly can to train and be prepared. You’d have to be a robot for this not to be a huge mental and emotional blow.

I really feel for the kid.

This was it. We’ve been preparing for that moment. Him the team. From Septembe He gets hurt in game 1 it’s f in demoralizing. I love the guy. But this cant keep happening. You know he was also injured last year right ? I can’t handle this anymore. I also high hopes for this team that’s all f in gone. I also have no beef against de smith, he’s just the back up.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
I think it's reasonable to start a contingency plan of seeing what's out there as a potential replacement for Demko, but I also think that his injury history is a bit overblown. He's had 3 notable injuries in the past 2 seasons, he has looked great after surgery for the 1st, and he's currently trying to rehab the last two on his knee. There's enough concern to look for a backup in case he does peeter out but goalies have come back from worse and Thatcher is by all accounts one of the most athletic and competitive goalies in the league, if he could or should play, he would, I don't doubt he's doing and will do whatever he can to return to being healthy.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Injury news on Demko does not sound good per Dreger and Friedman, seems like it could be a significant knee injury.

• Wow
Reactions: Nucker101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad