Tribute Thanks MacT

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
MacT deserves legitimate credit for these 2 selections. He stuck his neck out for a couple unpopular picks that turned out to be 2 of the 3 most important players on the team.

Of course that doesn't excuse Dallas Eakins or having the worst pro scouting department in league history, but I'm willing to say it out loud.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
MacT deserves legitimate credit for these 2 selections. He stuck his neck out for a couple unpopular picks that turned out to be 2 of the 3 most important players on the team.

Of course that doesn't excuse Dallas Eakins or having the worst pro scouting department in league history, but I'm willing to say it out loud.
2 rights don't makeup for 20 wrongs, but yes those 2 rights were awesome.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Maybe he stuck his neck out for Nurse but Draisaitl was an easy choice over Bennett. Those two picks were the only things he got right upon his return to the Oilers. We were lucky things didn’t turn out a lot worse during his tenure.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Maybe he stuck his neck out for Nurse but Draisaitl was an easy choice over Bennett. Those two picks were the only things he got right upon his return to the Oilers. We were lucky things didn’t turn out a lot worse during his tenure.

"Draisaitl was an easy choice over Bennett" is not a take that history agrees with. Just check out any thread on this board or listen to any radio show or read any article from the time period.

I don't disagree with anything else in your post, just in case that isn't clear.

Reactions: ohheyhemsky

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
"Draisaitl was an easy choice over Bennett" is not a take that history agrees with. Just check out any thread on this board or listen to any radio show or read any article from the time period.

I don't disagree with anything else in your post, just in case that isn't clear.
I was one of the many idiots who was upset about Draisaitl over Bennett. People forget exactly how much work Draisaitl has put in to improve his game overall to get up to NHL speed, but mainly his skating. His skating was the number one reason I thought we made a mistake.

I've already eaten my piles of shit for my horrible take on it, but man oh man, Draisaitl over Bennett was not an easy choice at any point.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Jesus just can’t give a guy some credit hey.

Reactions: oilers'72

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I liked MacT when he came in and got rid of Horcoff. Moved MPS for Perron. Also brought in Brossoit that year in a deal for Smid.

It looked like he was willing to make changes, but it quickly was all for nothing when he couldn't identify a coach for the players we had. A goaltending carousel that while some weren't worth it, they weren't exactly the issue either. Lack of good d-men and team defense which plagued us for a long time.

Reactions: oilers'72 and ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad