Tribute Thank you, Artturi Lehkonen

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
1647988212985.png

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Were we in a different situation, we'd have kept Lehky, Kulak and Chiarot. All good complementary players we liked. But the rebuild needs cap space and picks to draft and trade for top pieces.

Still... my fav was Lehky for how engaged he was. I'll be rooting for the Avs this playoffs. Good luck Arthuri!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
One of the few homegrown talents from the later Bergevin era that I really liked. His lack of an end product could be fustrating especially considering the kind of player he was drafted as, but he did so many little things right and was one of the few forwards on this team to compete every night.

It is a shame to see him go but while a play driving middle 6 utility guy can help you win, it was hard for a rebuilding team in need of offense to commit to Lehky and it's even harder to turn down the kind of return we got. Would rather have Lehkonen than Armia but what can you do.

This one does hurt but I'm happy for the man himself, he gets to play for a contender that plays a style that suits his game, one that isn't desperate for him to score goals, allowing him to focus on what he does well (even if he has traditionally picked up his offense in the playoffs). I'll be rooting for him.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This trade still saddens me, and I actually have some crocodile tears writing this.

Thank you Lehky. An example of hard work and dedication. A player who gave his all every shift, who even when not contributing on the score sheet, still contributed elsewhere with his great play. Your contagious smile will not be forgotten.

On June 24th, 2021 he allowed all of us Habs fans to dream bigger than ever, and gave many of us the most unforgettable St-Jean of their lives.

We will miss you. Hope you get to hoist the cup with Colorado. :heart:

Hmmm lol "Crocodile tears is a false, insincere display of emotion such as a hypocrite crying fake tears of grief. The phrase derives from an ancient belief that crocodiles shed tears while consuming their prey"

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Avs fan here, sounds like this guy is about to become one of my favourite players.

Til he FINDS a new way to miss wide open nets per game lol
But for real, work ethic wise? Unmatched
You will NOT believe how great a forechecker he is and one of the BEST PKers in the league
And hey, he'll get you a goal or 2 for sure
And lifts up his game in the PLAYOFFS most importantly

I'll miss him terribly, he scored "The Goal" for me

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Yikes, did you see that av interview he did, YIKES, that was the worst " i am glad to be here" I ever heard. A monotone soft almost " are you glad to be hear? , sure why not - same shiiiit different day type of response.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Hmmm lol "Crocodile tears is a false, insincere display of emotion such as a hypocrite crying fake tears of grief. The phrase derives from an ancient belief that crocodiles shed tears while consuming their prey"
yes i've learned that from another poster earlier in the thread :mad:

Reactions: Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
Yikes, did you see that av interview he did, YIKES, that was the worst " i am glad to be here" I ever heard. A monotone soft almost " are you glad to be hear? , sure why not - same shiiiit different day type of response.
What did you want him to say ? As for the tone, it is typical Lehkonen tone. Nothing new there.

On another "note",. I'd rather have guys Lekhy, Danault, Chiarot and Toffoli then heartless, pulseless players like Hoffman, Drouin, Petry or Armia.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Left it on the ice and he was a terrific defensive player with more than a bit of offensive ability. Tough forechecker. And 0 maintenance guy.

Definitely miss him.

All the best Lehks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland