Thailand vs Kuwait. Hockey. 57-0

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This is no different from some random small school starting a hockey program at the lowest NCAA level, and being really bad at their first season, and hoping they get a bit better over time. Kuwait hockey program is probably a lot worse than that random school of course, but if they want to develop a hockey program, they need to start somewhere.
Why play international games? Build a foundation before framing walls.

You have to walk before you can run. Just because someone isn't good at something, does that mean they shouldn't even try in the first place? Are you sure the question you want to ask is "what's the point of these clubs even playing?" and not "what's the point of me watching this if I can't find anything I enjoy about it?"
International games? Makes zero sense.

Reactions: Pez68

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Why play international games? Build a foundation before framing walls.

International games? Makes zero sense.
Why is international play a problem? If the best players from the age group are selected, and this is their talent level, why not let them represent their country while playing the game they like?

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Why is international play a problem? If the best players from the age group are selected, and this is their talent level, why not let them represent their country while playing the game they like?
Well, presumably it wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience to lose 0-57. I guess they can cry into their custom hand-crafted Italian handkerchiefs made from the finest Egyptian cotton.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
I hope they didn't add time with the "skate by the bench touch glove routine" 57 times.

When did that become a universal thing? I know in the '80s/most of the '90s it wasn't done.
Now, if it's 9-1, still gotta do the skate by bumps.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
I searched and didn't see those names mentioned anywhere. Please don't tell me there's a thread for what ever league/ medal competition this is lol.
I figured it was humorous and freaky enough to put here.
For those that know hockey for years and or on a first hand playing level. What's the deal , man? Lol.

I will Google to find out answers. Like they just a team together for the hell of it? Because they can't be hockey players. By 10-0, maybe start gooning and checking guys to slow the game down. Either way, something is fishy. Just weird. Funny but weird. This is worse than Dolphins vs Broncos lol . Guys on local Portland radio said the goalie didn't even try to crouch, fall, block.
View attachment 859248

😧😲😧😵‍💫😆🤔🤔🤔😆

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Well, presumably it wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience to lose 0-57. I guess they can cry into their custom hand-crafted Italian handkerchiefs made from the finest Egyptian cotton.
I think it's up to them to decide how they feel. If they thought they might win, I can see them taking it hard emotionally. If you were on a team that was bad enough to lose 57-0, how would you react to the loss?

I, personally, would understand my team wasn't good enough to ever be in the game, so I'd find joy in other things, like camaraderie, and the small victories. I mean, at some point it's more funny than sad. Knowing the team was terrible wouldn't stop me from playing on it. Having someone decide my country shouldn't have a team just because we're not good at the sport would bother me.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Kuwait should have called timeout at 20-0 before it got our of hand. That one's on the coach.....

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I’m watching the game.

One, good to see the game being played around the world.

Two, my son’s 14U A team can out-skate Kuwait and it wouldn’t be close.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
They are new to the U18 level. Likely kids that have not been playing very long. Thailand U18 themselves lost to South Korea 92-0 back in 1998. It happens with these brand new teams.
what the f***

Last edited by a moderator:

BMacLeafs

Feb 20, 2022
I can't belief that ppl wud watch this. No point in international hockey if not best-on-best.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Kuwait played Thailand at the U-20 level five years ago and lost 25-0. Their senior men's teams have played each other ten times, with Thailand winning all ten but only by a combined score of 81-17:
11- 1 (2019)
9- 1 (2019)
12- 1 (2018)
10- 2 (2014)
10- 0 (2013)
5- 4 (2012)
8- 2 (2012)
6- 3 (2011)
5- 3 (2011)
5- 0 (2010)

The biggest win for Kuwait was when they beat India 39-2 in 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad