Thailand vs Kuwait. Hockey. 57-0

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
The Minnesota Army National Guard actually played a mini tournament with the Kuwait National Team like 8 to 10 years ago when they were stationed there.

The NG had 3 teams, but only like 5-10 players had actually played HS hockey or any hockey (including my brother) and they were split amongst the 3 teams. None of them were goalies though.

I believe the Kuwait team did end up winning the the 4 team tourney. Lack of goaltending hurt them, my brothers teams goalie was a girl who had never played hockey before.
Ok,but those are basically pick up teams.
At least a high school team has more practice

Reactions: Summer Rose

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Ok,but those are basically pick up teams.
At least a high school team has more practice
Oh for sure. My brother was on a state tourney team in the early 2000's. But he was mid 30s and hadn't played even a pickup game in probably a decade during the mini tourney.

I'd imagine most MN boys HS teams currently playing would crush them.

Reactions: dukedukowski

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If anybody has a sense of morbid curiosity for how the Kuwait team looks, they are playing Iran at 10:30 am Eastern Time, and it will be streamed live on YouTube.

This will be their best chance to not look horrible. Iran has lost 19-0 to Uzbekistan and 23-0 to Thailand so far. In Kuwait's second game, they lost 17-2 to Malaysia, so nice they were able to put a couple on the board.

Fair warning, it won't be that exciting, it will be the equivalent of watching kids that have just recently learned to skate and are getting started in the game.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What’s the point of these clubs even playing? Women’s teams would have some social relevance. No reason for a men’s team.

Reactions: Pez68

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
If anybody has a sense of morbid curiosity for how the Kuwait team looks, they are playing Iran at 10:30 am Eastern Time, and it will be streamed live on YouTube.

This will be their best chance to not look horrible. Iran has lost 19-0 to Uzbekistan and 23-0 to Thailand so far. In Kuwait's second game, they lost 17-2 to Malaysia, so nice they were able to put a couple on the board.

Fair warning, it won't be that exciting, it will be the equivalent of watching kids that have just recently learned to skate and are getting started in the game.

ty for this, very interesting watch

Not as bad as I thought it would be

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019

Iran 1-0 !

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022

Turned on at the perfect time! Everyone needs to see the dive at 8:25 in the 2nd. One of the best ever LOL

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
What’s the point of these clubs even playing? Women’s teams would have some social relevance. No reason for a men’s team.
This is no different from some random small school starting a hockey program at the lowest NCAA level, and being really bad at their first season, and hoping they get a bit better over time. Kuwait hockey program is probably a lot worse than that random school of course, but if they want to develop a hockey program, they need to start somewhere.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

17-1 Iran after 2.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
62073b55-a348-467c-aa72-4114a78a6055_text.gif

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
You have to walk before you can run. Just because someone isn't good at something, does that mean they shouldn't even try in the first place? Are you sure the question you want to ask is "what's the point of these clubs even playing?" and not "what's the point of me watching this if I can't find anything I enjoy about it?"

Reactions: Kahvi

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

I'm totally getting high and watching this tonight, thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad