Thailand vs Kuwait. Hockey. 57-0

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
At this year's PRC Winter Games in China the Beijing team massacred their beer league opponents from hockey hotbeds like the Anhui province with a bunch of former NHLers.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Who is the biggest hero for Kuwait, the guy with the only SOG or the goalie being able to walkout of that game after facing that many shots without proper skill?

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
There's a whole forum section for international games.
Those are lesser forums . buried way below. This is far too humorous and somewhat sort of unique thing lol. I mean, if a radio station in Portland spent a good 5 minutes on talking about it..... It's news! 😄

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I can already hear the goalie calling home after the game...

"Hey Mom, Dad, I had a 63 save performance in goal tonight against Thailand!"

"That's great son!"

"The bad news is I still let in 51 goals"

"Oh. 😵"

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
I dunno I think there's something a bit unbecoming smashing a team like this. Surely at like 10-0 you can say, OK we've obviously won let's save these fellow humans a bit of humiliation

Reactions: Pez68

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Team Thailand is probably just a bunch of kids born from Canadian expats , and Kuwait is a bunch of guys trying to cool down and get some moisture down in the desert , Arizona tier team

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
This is why I don't respect the Thai national team. Good Canadian kids would've taken the foot off the gas at 4-0.
That was probably 1 and a half minutes into the game lol

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
I don't know, maybe.

Back in 1993, Australia's U18 team played a tournament called the IIHF Asian Oceanic Junior U18 Tournament against China, Japan, Kazakhstan, and South Korea. They lost all 4 games and finished with 1 goal scored and 151 goals surrendered (-151). They lost to Kazakhstan 57-0.

Less than a year later, an Australian kid named Nathan Walker was born. He lived and started playing hockey in Australia (and eventually moved when he was 13 to pursue higher competition). He has gone on to play 156 games in the NHL, including 45 this most recent season.

These things are part of the process for countries just dipping their toe into the pond.

That would put them at a -150.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Digging inside the numbers reveals some absolutely ludicrous stats.

• Natapat Patong led all skaters with 13 points, made up of 7 goals and 6 assists
  • Natchayatorn Yannakornthannapunt plays defense, and still finished with 11 points — 7 goals and 4 assists
  • Kuwait’s poor goalie Faisal Allenqawi was kept in all game and to his credit managed to actually make 65 saves (along with the 57 he let in)
  • Thailand have a player named Kenneth Nathan Thongsong, which I mention as as excuse to post this photo of Sisqo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad