Texas Stars - 2014 Calder Cup Champions

MetalGodAOD*

Didn't see a thread. Baby Stars defeated Baby Jets tonight in Game 5 OT to win the Calder Cup:

10454941_10152494269298114_1335823176856952337_o.jpg

Patrick Nemeth had a slick move in OT to score the winner:

857264303.gif

Goodbye Coach Willie, next stop Vancouver?

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
So glad the Texas Stars won. I was really happy that the games were on TV here in Dallas.

Nemeth, Ritchie and Oleksiak were great!

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Why do you call them baby? I honestly want to know, it seems like an insult

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Congrats Stars! The best team in the AHL this season and a real treat to watch. Some real good young offensive players on that team.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Not to insult the Stars, or demean their achievement (because as Guru says they dominated a very good Griffins team) but didn't they load up on vets for this team? I remember reading somewhere its not a popular tactic amongst some owners in the AHL.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Not to insult the Stars, or demean their achievement (because as Guru says they dominated a very good Griffins team) but didn't they load up on vets for this team? I remember reading somewhere its not a popular tactic amongst some owners in the AHL.

No, they did not. That was a popular whining point for fans of teams they beat on their way to the finals.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home

Ritchie, Ranford, Stransky, Faksa, McKenzie, Peters, and Jokipakka are all rookies. Oleksiak, Nemeth, and Wrenn are in their second year. All played a large part of the season. Thats a lot of guys with only 1-2 years experience. And thats not including those with only 3-4 years like Glennie, Gaunce, and Dowling. Like the guy above said, it's just them trying to validate their whining.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Congrats to the Stars and to Stars fans. Entertaining series to watch. Happy that the IceCaps were able to play very well and make it to the final, but the Stars are quite the team. Well deserved Cup. :nod:

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Like to see some smaller teams winning the championships (even AHL). Now give me your coach please. We gave you Dustin Jefferey.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

For three series now, we've heard the losing squad try and justify us beating them by the vet load up theory when it just is completely untrue.

But whatever makes ya feel better I guess.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I loved seeing Nemeth pull a move out of the Book of Marek Malik, surprising everyone with a slick game winner like that. :laugh:

Basically punched his ticket onto next season's Dallas roster with that one, if it wasn't already penciled in.

Fitting end to an incredible season, but full marks to the Caps for pushing it to OT three times and keeping us Stars fans on edge! Got a real stud there in Hutch, he played some stellar hockey. :nod:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I loved seeing Nemeth pull a move out of the Book of Marek Malik, surprising everyone with a slick game winner like that. :laugh:

Basically punched his ticket onto next season's Dallas roster with that one, if it wasn't already penciled in.

Fitting end to an incredible season, but full marks to the Caps for pushing it to OT three times and keeping us Stars fans on edge! Got a real stud there in Hutch, he played some stellar hockey. :nod:

I was just about to say that Hutch cooled down at the worst possible time, merely being an above average goalie in the last series. :laugh:

There was no way the Ice Caps were gonna beat the Stars unless Hutch played like he did in the second game all series long.

It was a good series though, and the Stars worthy winners. Although you guys did cheat!:sarcasm:

All in all, it was a great comeback season for the Ice Caps after last year's fiasco.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad