Recalled/Assigned: Teuvo Teravainen to IceHogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLarmer28*

The Chicago Blackhawks need to send down Nordstrom, as well. Regin and Morin can fill in for Toews and Kane for the remaining two games.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Only question I have is why they didn't do it sooner rather than hold on to him in the press box the past coupe day...

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Only question I have is why they didn't do it sooner rather than hold on to him in the press box the past coupe day...

I have no problem with it. Let him see first hand what it takes to make the NHL. Speed, size wise. Let him get some good practices in against top notch talent.

If this was the plan all along then I'm all for it!

I also think Morin's play as of late was a big factor in this too

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I have no problem with it. Let him see first hand what it takes to make the NHL. Speed, size wise. Let him get some good practices in against top notch talent.

If this was the plan all along then I'm all for it!

I also think Morin's play as of late was a big factor in this too

I agree ... just will never understand why TT is kept in the dark as to what management is thinking. He'll be happy to get back to playing hockey, not guessing what comes next.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Good move imo, gives him a look at what it takes to play at this level, the systems they use, and what he needs to work on. It gave Q and staff an extra look to see what he has as well. I fail to see how this was mismanaged at all.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
There is some value to kid being around NHL team for a few weeks

So the not sending him down earlier argument is not a big deal

not a big deal no, but there's no denying that the best way to get acclimated is to jump right in, either in the N or the A

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I think they promised him games in the Hawks jersey to lure him to come over this season and the promised was delivered. This could have been the plan all along. I remember reading somewhere that a friend of TT's asked if he would come over this season to play in the AHL and the response was something like "I'd have to talk to my agent first...". So not really sure how thrilled he is about the decision all in all.

The move propably is a good thing for his development, but then again from another view point - he's already gone through a full season in Finland and deserved some rest, so in a way seems a little un-called for. Could've started next season in the AHL and work through the summer with conditioning. Tough thing, since you can't exactly know what goes about behind the curtains.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I think they promised him games in the Hawks jersey to lure him to come over this season and the promised was delivered. This could have been the plan all along. I remember reading somewhere that a friend of TT's asked if he would come over this season to play in the AHL and the response was something like "I'd have to talk to my agent first...". So not really sure how thrilled he is about the decision all in all.

The move propably is a good thing for his development, but then again from another view point - he's already gone through a full season in Finland and deserved some rest, so in a way seems a little un-called for. Could've started next season in the AHL and work through the summer with conditioning. Tough thing, since you can't exactly know what goes about behind the curtains.

Jokerit's season was over. Everybody and their grandma knows Teravainen's on the roster next year.

He had nothing to lose by coming over and will have plenty of the summer to work with.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Jokerit's season was over. Everybody and their grandma knows Teravainen's on the roster next year.

He had nothing to lose by coming over and will have plenty of the summer to work with.

With Country Club Q you can never be too sure. Especially with Handzus saying he doesn't want to retire.

SLarmer28*

With Country Club Q you can never be too sure. Especially with Handzus saying he doesn't want to retire.
Oh the horror!

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/love-game-keeps-michal-handzus-going

Ah, yes, those playoffs, when Handzus was a pleasant surprise at second-line center. Don’t be surprised if it starts that way again for him this postseason.

“I see him being a part of our team. How much he’s going to play? I probably slot him in a comparable position where he was useful for us last year and see how he handles that,†Quenneville said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad