Speculation: Tenser going hard on Renney means...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I went through the last few pages and did't notice a thread involving Renny, so I thought I'd start up another one.

Listened to about 30 minutes of the after game talk show tonight and something surprised me. Tenser actually criticized Renney for his picks in the shootout VS Tampa. He clearly stated that Renney made the wrong decision. It's a little out of character for him to be bashing the coach.

Wonder how the bodes for him... meanwhile... since our blueline has been healthy we've had a pretty decent record.

Thoughts?

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
Thoughts? Milhouse can go screw himself.

Don't care whether he's right or wrong, he has no place in journalism when he's taking quotes out of context. Makes him nothing more than a paid liar in my eyes.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Thoughts? Milhouse can go screw himself.

Don't care whether he's right or wrong, he has no place in journalism when he's taking quotes out of context. Makes him nothing more than a paid liar in my eyes.

Yeah, I now the guy is a complete fraud, but he didn't say anything negative about Mac-T till half way into Mac-T's last season with the Oilers...

Just feel we might be getting tossed a bone here.

Giant Moo

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
After getting mauled by everyone after his failed attempt at sensationalizing Omark's recent comments about the WC, he's clearly following PR SOP, changing modes from "deflect" to "distract".

He'll continue to have a job as long as people keep talking about him; controversy sells ads.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
He is critical of Renney quite often, especially when Rob Brown is around questioning many of the weird decisions Renney makes.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
They could easily replace Tencer with a computer that asks Rob Brown open ended questions.

I love Devan Dubnyk. How do you feel? 101001010100100101

Nugent-Hopkins will be a superstar. Yes or No? 1010100010010111110010101

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
They could easily replace Tencer with a computer that asks Rob Brown open ended questions.

I love Devan Dubnyk. How do you feel? 101001010100100101

Nugent-Hopkins will be a superstar. Yes or No? 1010100010010111110010101

:laugh:

OmarkianSpin

Flames Suck
Mar 24, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Tencer = Milhouse ....love it, wish I would have made the connection myself. Yeah, I'd pay attention to an 8 year old playing street hockey before I listened to that guy.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The media types just blast anyone that dares to ever utter a bad word about a player and or coach or management, that is until blood is in the water and it looks like that player or coach might not be back and then they jump all over them so they don't look like total tools and try and pretend that they are ahead of the game when the move happens. Much like the Omark situation, the writing has been on the wall for him for a year or more, only now are the stepford media making comments about him.

Moneypuck

Aug 12, 2009
Anyone of us could see that Renney won't be back. Tambellini mentioning a couple weeks ago that the Oilers were a far better team than they've showed in the standings this yr, is throwing Tom Renney under the bus. Lets just keep firing the coaches until we have enough talent on the ice to mask deficiencies in the management department must be their gameplan.

Lets just blame and fire the coach, there's less than 5 keepers on this roster right now that may still be here in 3 yrs......and this is all Renneys fault. Kevin Lowe must've given Tenser and Stauffer their balls back so they can both say they could see the writing on the wall on this.

Best wishes to Tom Renney.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Anyone of us could see that Renney won't be back. Tambellini mentioning a couple weeks ago that the Oilers were a far better team than they've showed in the standings this yr, is throwing Tom Renney under the bus. Lets just keep firing the coaches until we have enough talent on the ice to mask deficiencies in the management department must be their gameplan.

Lets just blame and fire the coach, there's less than 5 keepers on this roster right now that may still be here in 3 yrs......and this is all Renneys fault. Kevin Lowe must've given Tenser and Stauffer their balls back so they can both say they could see the writing on the wall on this.

Wait, less than 5? Even if you take no forward besides the 3 kids, I count at least 6. Hall, Nuge, Ebs, Smid, Petry, Schultz. Maybe Whitney, Jones, Petrell, Gags, Eager, and Hemsky...

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Yup...such is the delusional world of Tambo. He always seems to confuse fantasy with reality. I would suggest there are maybe 8 or 9 keepers but the bulk of the roster is still junk.

Yet another coach pays the price for Tambos incompetence.

Did you know that Barker is actually is #2 dman?

Last edited:

dobiezeke*

Yup...such is the delusional world of Tambo. He always seems to confuse fantasy with reality. I would suggest there are maybe 7 or 8 keepers but the bulk of the roster is still junk.

Yet another coach pays the price for Tambos incompetence.

Did you know that Barker is actually is #2 dman?

#2 dman of what? Games in the pressbox?

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
The media types just blast anyone that dares to ever utter a bad word about a player and or coach or management, that is until blood is in the water and it looks like that player or coach might not be back and then they jump all over them so they don't look like total tools and try and pretend that they are ahead of the game when the move happens. Much like the Omark situation, the writing has been on the wall for him for a year or more, only now are the stepford media making comments about him.

Bang on.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Come on now...if Tambo says Barker is a top pairing dman then he must be a top pairing dman.

Although that really does illustrate how Tambo believed that this lineup would be playing meaningful games in March. Must be the coaching...couldn't be the junk the GM provided because Tambos assessment of talent is bang on.

Moneypuck

Aug 12, 2009

Mark Spector did call him a top 3 d'man on the Oilers not too long ago. How that guy has a job commenting on anything NHL is beyond me. Barker isn't even a top 6 defencman on the 29th place team in the league.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

I'm with you. har dot blame the coach when the big signing on defense is Barker, and nothing has been done since the last offseason to fix anything.

except Schultz. A sideways move, but I liked it.

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
I dont see any problem with what tambi has done. Lets really be realistic here last year we had 2 kids around 40 points a piece and a kid with the body of a 14 year old girl coming in. How could he possible go out and make a big trade or spend big money when we had no idea how far along the kids would be this season.

As it turned out the kids are pretty much the best players on the team period. In my eyes tambo's success was not to be determined last summer but in reality it all comes down to this summer. As bad as our overall season has been when we have been healthy we have been an over 500 club. If tambo goes out and finds the right pieces this summer he is a success if not he was a mistake but i have no problems with the moves hes made to this point.

Like **** barker was a third overall pick same as possibly murray or dumba he had the same accolades as them etc they could be just as big busts but it was worth taking a shot on him to see if he could recover. Also managed to fleece LA not once but twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad