GDT: Templates & Schedule [First Come First Serve]

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm fine with it, but in keeping with tradition, we'll lock it up and re-open it at midnight.

I'm just doing things by the book... the moderator manual filled with crudely drawn genitalia you left for me. It's come in handy, even the moderating part occasionally. ;)

Whoops, gave you the wrong book. That one was meant for Oilbleeder. ;)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Sadly I don't have the skills required to make a GDT. But its always great to see what people come up with. Thanks to everyone making the GDTs.

I find it interesting that everyone so far is in favor of having this kind of schedule.
Im sure I remember about five years back the same idea of a GDT schedule being voted down convincingly.

Cizin

Jun 30, 2013
Template: ## | "GDT Title" | Oilers vs. OPPONENT | mm.dd.yy. | TIME | ARENA | BROADCAST
Example: I | "Crescendo" | Oilers vs. Jets | 10.01.13 | 8:00PM | Rexall | CBC

I think post game threads also should follow a template, with the game date included in the title as a minimum.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think post game threads also should follow a template, with the game date included in the title as a minimum.

following a template hurts the creativity. I am going to wait till november to do a GDT and borrow(steal) stuff from some of the better GDTS from all the boards.

Surprisingly the NYI board for the past few years has been very creative on their GDT and many boards take great pride in how their GDTs look

Cizin

Jun 30, 2013
following a template hurts the creativity.
Fair enough, all I really was hoping is that the post game threads would have more than "PGT: Oilers win 3-2" or "PGT: Oilers lose 4-0". Having the date for the game in the thread title would help when old PGT threads are bumped.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Here are a few pics of Belov and Gazdic in Blue and Orange. Thought they might be useful for GDTs like the Brown I did after he was acquired.

picture.php

picture.php

Edit: Nevermind, the Oilers website team added them to the roster listing.

Last edited:

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I've got an idea I plan to work on for the next while, hopefully it ends up pretty good.

I'll take October 22nd against Canadiens if that's cool.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Going to need some help for the GDT on Saturday. Need someone with some basic photoshop experience.

What you would have to do:

- Combine the 20 some .jpgs I give you into 8 (by lines/d-pairings) or fewer .jpegs. Would need cropping, re-sizing etc.
- Write some text on another .jpeg
- Perhaps incorporate them onto a nice background that fits the theme

PM me and I'll give you more information.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
When did you become a regular poster again? No more moderator Cloned?

I have been gone too long!

Since my feud with Oilbleeder. I turned heel and the moderator role no longer suited me.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad