Teemu Laakso

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I have to say, after watching the USA\Finland game, he was the only defenseman that impressed me from the Finns. Seems like another classic Preds draft pick...two way game, nice shot and passing, good physical game.

I know that one point, he was projected to be a late first-early second round pick, and fell to the Preds due to an injury that saw his stock fall...

Two questions...

What are some of your thoughts on this guy? Finns, how has he played in Finland, are you happy with his play in the WJCs?

And then...do you feel that he's regained some of what had him as a pretty highly-regarded prospect before he was injured? Has he rebounded well?

Thanks.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
i totally agree. Laasko looks awesome. Best fin defenseman and he looked great against the americans. scored a huge goal. i am also curious to see what the finnish ppl think about him. very good pick by the preds to get him. he looks great

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
He was projected as a possible top 10 pick before the 04-05 campaign. There were questions regarding his size and lack of strength after last year's WJC, that damn Viking Cup hyped him up a bit too much but otherwise, he's a solid prospect.

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
nomorekids said:
I have to say, after watching the USA\Finland game, he was the only defenseman that impressed me from the Finns. Seems like another classic Preds draft pick...two way game, nice shot and passing, good physical game.
He is a next Kimmo Timonen.....

btw. and he was a leading scoring defenseman at U-18 WJC...1year younger than normal should be couple of years a go...
That should tell us a lot of his potentional...
Last year he was very bad at U-18 WJC because of his injuries...
But hes gonna be a great.....Next year again....

Last edited:

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
nomorekids said:
are you being sarcastic? because i didn't really see a comparison between the two. Laakso is more physical, Timonen is a better puckmover.

I meant that Laakso is physical and puckmover same time....
If you look Laakso on the ice. You can see same moves/things than you watch Timonen!!!
He hold puck just like Timonen! Thats why i think he is the next Timonen but more physical.
Are you happy Now? :dunno:

Last edited:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I was hoping the leafs nab him or Mikus with their 3rd and 4th picks. BUT NOOOOO!!! we had to get Oreskovish. :shakehead

Man...they do make some good choices but why not add me as a scout. I wanted to take Havlat the year we took Antropov too. I'd be muchh better... :amazed:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I agree with the more physical Timonen comment.

Only reason he hasn't produced much in the SM-liiga has to do with the way Shedden and Kuitunen are playing him. Short shifts and in a really defensive role and naturally no PP time. He's been solid defensively, but for some reason he's not as physical in the SM-liiga as he is in the Junior A's or in the national team. Maybe he's still afraid of making mistakes and getting benched or something.

And he's -2 has much to do with the fact that most of HIFK's scoring is coming from the first line and Laakso rarely gets to play behind that line. And also because he was paired with Kurvinen, who happens to be one of the worst defenders I've ever seen wear a HIFK uniform, for most of the season so far.

They should play him with Karalahti (not possible now) or Saarinen and give him more ice time to see what he could really do.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
MaDdY said:
I was hoping the leafs nab him or Mikus with their 3rd and 4th picks. BUT NOOOOO!!! we had to get Oreskovish. :shakehead

That's because Pat Quinn is dyslexic and he thought Ovechkin was still available.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
MaDdY said:
Man...they do make some good choices but why not add me as a scout. I wanted to take Havlat the year we took Antropov too. I'd be muchh better... :amazed:

Seems like you suffer from a case of draft year confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad