WGR: Ted Black on Howard Simon

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
Just got my email directly from Ted!

"Hi Tom-
Howard forwarded your email to me (along with a whole bunch more) regarding the team store sale. My assistant, Fay (copied), agreed to help me assist with your request. I did open my big mouth and say it on the air and, as such, will do my best to allow you and others to take advantage of the sale. I think Fay will ban me from future WGR interviews or at least place me on double secret probation….. I’m not sure what the shipping costs are, but we can figure that out when she connects with you. If you don’t hear from her immediately please understand that we are a bit slammed right now, but will take care of you. Thanks for carrying the Sabres flag in ON. Best regards, TNB"

That is awesome!! I love the casual, regular guy, tone to it. :yo:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

"Hi Tom-
Howard forwarded your email to me (along with a whole bunch more) regarding the team store sale. My assistant, Fay (copied), agreed to help me assist with your request. I did open my big mouth and say it on the air and, as such, will do my best to allow you and others to take advantage of the sale. I think Fay will ban me from future WGR interviews or at least place me on double secret probation….. I’m not sure what the shipping costs are, but we can figure that out when she connects with you. If you don’t hear from her immediately please understand that we are a bit slammed right now, but will take care of you. Thanks for carrying the Sabres flag in ON. Best regards, TNB"

Couldn't have a better President for this fanbase, imo.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I emailed him back saying thanks so much, and that just getting an email directly from him had made my day, and that this truly is a first class organization.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I emailed him back saying thanks so much, and that just getting an email directly from him had made my day, and that this truly is a first class organization.

Wow wasn't expecting a response to this one, but Teddy strikes again

"Thx for the kind words, Tom. The fans are the ones who make this team/city great. I can’t begin to tell you how blown away our players were by the crowd last night. Best regards, TNB"

This guy just gets it

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
Wow wasn't expecting a response to this one, but Teddy strikes again

"Thx for the kind words, Tom. The fans are the ones who make this team/city great. I can’t begin to tell you how blown away our players were by the crowd last night. Best regards, TNB"

This guy just gets it

I keep waiting for these guys to be exposed as just another group of money grubbing *******s. But it's not happening. They really come off as some of the most genuine people you could meet. These are the kind of people I want to give my business to and support as much as possible.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
He should sign off his e mails with Mr. President Big Daddy Ted.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Guy is a class act and read it individually, here is my response from Ted ( also responded back in 30 minutes.)

Ted Black <Ted.Black>
1:46 PM (9 minutes ago)
to me, Fay

Hi Stephen-
First, thx much for addressing me by my more formal name and title- Mr. President Big Daddy Ted. Sounds so professional, eh? As for the store discount for out of towners, I am learning very quickly that the Sabres nation listens to WGR everywhere. My assistant, Fay, has agreed to help me and coordinate. I copied her. Best regards, MPBDT

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
How do I get into contact with Ted Black about the people who just get the tickets to resell them?!!? I am not talking about the casual fan who sells a game or two, but already there are seats on Stubhub for every game the same seats. There is a waiting list for people who actually want to go to the games, give them the seats.

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
How do I get into contact with Ted Black about the people who just get the tickets to resell them?!!? I am not talking about the casual fan who sells a game or two, but already there are seats on Stubhub for every game the same seats. There is a waiting list for people who actually want to go to the games, give them the seats.

Legally I'm not sure there's much they can do.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

If you had the solution to that, you'd have sold it to the industry and be a millionaire many times over.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY

"Hi Tom-

They told me $12 for shipping for a jersey. Might be different for Canada though.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Is Buffalo the worst offender?

If not, have other presidents of NHL hockey clubs done anything to fix it?

If so, what steps can be taken?

It's very "big govt." to tell people who drop thousands on tickets how they must use them. Freedom of choice, like it or not. Supply and demand.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Find out who owns the ticket, and cancel them. The Sabres can kick out any STH they want. You don't legally own the seats, you rent them.

Do you really think the team is going to waste its energy trying to stop this after a lockout?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Find out who owns the ticket, and cancel them. The Sabres can kick out any STH they want. You don't legally own the seats, you rent them.

But they can't kick out any STH for any reason under the sun.

"Hey, you! Yea you! You're not wearing Sabres colors! No Seasons for you!

24289208.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad