Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
full

full

Last edited:

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
I am always so supportive of this team but I am so fed up with how these superstars ( or at least paid like superstars) mail it in every game rather than showing up and playing a full 60 minutes. Mcdavid does it game in and game out. 3 guys are getting McDavid money so they better come out every game and prove themselves...Of else someone has to go... it is not okay anymore. 3 years of the same crap

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Is hoping for a win so convincing that people start asking "Were the Leafs rope-a-doping them in game 1?" too much to hope for?

Ya of course it is forget I asked it. I'll take one off Hyman's rear-end in triple-OT.*

*Even if my heart can't.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
60 minutes of actual effort from everyone is all I care about. Win or lose, at least let me be proud enough to say you tried, looking at you Mitch.

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
Is hoping for a win so convincing that people start asking "Were the Leafs rope-a-doping them in game 1?" too much to hope for?

Ya of course it is forget I asked it. I'll take one off Hyman's rear-end in triple-OT.*

*Even if my heart can't.
Honestly, watch it will be 7-1 leafs... then we will be like wth is this team... I am pretty sure being a leaf fan is having a heart condition from all the up and down

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Let's see some f***ing optimism. They were off for almost 5 months, and didn't look worse than a crap Columbus team that everyone is raving played their best game. Not only that, we had horrible officiating (Charron, Rehman, Pollock)

Here were the total PP's in each game (referees for the east in brackets):
NYR/CAR - 8PP (Hebert, L'Ecuyer, Dwyer)
WPG/CGY - 12PP
WSH/TBL - 4PP (Rehman, Hanson, Furlatt)
DAL/VGK - 3PP
MTL/PIT - 8PP (McCauley, Charron, Lee)
CHI/EDM - 9PP

Average Overall - 7.3PPs
Average East - 6.7PPS

Hoping we get guys that actually police the game, and not guys that let things police themselves.

Reactions: weems and qqaz

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Go Leafs Go! Need to see more hustle. The amount of times I saw our players pull up on the boards in both zones was noticeable compared to other games I watched.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Let's see some f***ing optimism. They were off for almost 5 months, and didn't look worse than a crap Columbus team that everyone is raving played their best game. Not only that, we had horrible officiating (Charron, Rehman, Pollock)

WPG/CGY - 12PP
DAL/VGK - 3PP
CHI/EDM - 9PP

Average Overall - 7.3PPs
Average East - 6.7PPS

Hoping we get guys that actually police the game, and not guys that let things police themselves.

It's good point you raise. I saw a lot of stuff on Twitter about how the Leafs/Jackets game had far fewer penalties called. My first thought was that those refs probably don't do another game this series let's wait and see what happens next game.

Reactions: Morgs

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

WPG/CGY - 12PP
DAL/VGK - 3PP
CHI/EDM - 9PP

Average Overall - 7.3PPs
Average East - 6.7PPS

The fact we had one power play was a bloody joke. The league couldn’t make their bullshiat more obvious if they tried.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
The fact we had one power play was a bloody joke. The league couldn’t make their bullshiat more obvious if they tried.

Tampa didn't even get a single PP yesterday, against the team that LEAD THE LEAGUE in penalties all season.

It's like the refs don't want to make the fast/skilled teams win by giving them power plays, but it lets these slow, dirty teams get away with murder- which prevents 5v5 chances. Without policing the game it plays in the favour of the teams that can't keep up as it allows them to keep making plays that SHOULD be called, but aren't.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Tampa didn't even get a single PP yesterday, against the team that LEAD THE LEAGUE in penalties all season.

It's like the refs don't want to make the fast/skilled teams win by giving them power plays, but it lets these slow, dirty teams get away with murder- which prevents 5v5 chances. Without policing the game it plays in the favour of the teams that can't keep up as it allows them to keep making plays that SHOULD be called, but aren't.

It gets so frustrating hearing what’s interference getting described as good defense.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Need this one. Our defensive play wasn't bad, but we need to find ways to create offense. Keefe mentioned after practice yestetday we spend more time in their zone then he thought we would, but Jackets stopoed us from getting to the net, so thats the final hurdle.
Also Marner and Tavares to wake up.
We"ll see what the team has.

Last edited:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It gets so frustrating hearing what’s interference getting described as good defense.

If you have the ability, watch the Justin Williams interference penalty on Zibby yesterday (4:24 into the 3rd). If that (and what Ceci did) constitutes as interference, Columbus should have had well over 10 minors last game.

Reactions: BayStBullies
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad