Teams that did not deserve to make the Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
If you had made this thread at the beginning of the playoffs you might have something, but instead you pick the team that just lost and the team that is already down 3-0...?

Real bold prediction there.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
It was a joke tbh. They played the Kings great and they had an amazing regular season, I just thought the expansion draft was unfair.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
It was a joke tbh. They played the Kings great and they had an amazing regular season, I just thought the expansion draft was unfair.

So after the expansion draft you were like "man this is bullshit no way vegas should get all these good players they're going to be top of the league"?

Right?

I doubt it.

They chose players other teams decided they didn't want and made a team out of those guys.

I think vegas deserves some serious credit for doing such a good job there.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Three teams and markets that have had more success than anything from Ontario in a half-century.

Convenient.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
So after the expansion draft you were like "man this is bull**** no way vegas should get all these good players they're going to be top of the league"?

Right?

I doubt it.

They chose players other teams decided they didn't want and made a team out of those guys.

I think vegas deserves some serious credit for doing such a good job there.

If you read my post you would know that I have them lots of credit, and yes I never liked the draft.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Blues lost 5 of their last 6. No one to blame but themselves.

Why make a thread if you're not going to even try to make an argument for why those three teams didn't "deserve" to make the playoffs?
Kings didn't deserve it because of how poorly they played year long. They were the single most inconsistent team in the NHL. They were also woeful against their own division and the Central. They feasted on the Eastern conference to prop up their points. So the Kings won just enough to stay above water at the end with that one road trip through the central. Then they got run over by their own division and stayed afloat because the Blues fell apart harder than they did right at the end. Kings never felt like a playoff team. They struggled all year.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
So OP is proposing that teams with fewer wins in the regular season should leap over team with more wins and go to the playoffs?
So does that mean the teams with more wins as a result of being supplanted by team with fewer wins, get to enter the draft lottery?

Right now I would be okay with :laugh:

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
After some research I concluded that the teams undeserving of making the playoffs in 2018 were:

STL, DAL, CGY, CHI, EDM, VAN, ARZ, FLA, CAR, NYR, NYI, DET, MTL, OTT, BUF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad