Rumor: Teams interested in Seattle selected goalies

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Smart move by Seattle. There’s not a lot of supply and there’s a high demand for goalies. I think they’ll get some good returns trading them.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe Buffalo finally figured out you need more than zero goalies and no one is lining up to sign there.

probably not though. They dumb.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I live in TO and if Price was by some miracle to land in TO, I don't know what would happen to the city. The first thing they do is practice the parade route, the cup display and of course, nuclear level fireworks.

Only to lose to the Habs with some backup goalie in the first round.

I live in Toronto too and my wife is a Habs fan and her favorite player is Price. Price to Toronto would make her head explode.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Yes as there are only 2 goalies like Vitek and Kahkonen. (Cheap and possible 1B) there are 6 to 7 other defenseman like Soucy. I am a big fan of Soucy but I take the goalie every time.

Have to agree with this... one of the things to remember with the expansion draft -- Seattle will take 30 NHL players, but they're going to have to lose at least 7 of them by opening night to hit a 23-man roster.

Very few, possibly none, of the expansion-eligible players are waiver-exempt.

Reality is, unless Seattle goes with Price, they're likely to end up in a tandem situation. Seems like Drieger is one of the guys, and I think you can make the case that he'd be best served with a veteran alongside him.

Goalies don't tend to have a ton of value on the trade market, but part of the reason for that is that goalies who have a year under their belt don't tend to get traded that often.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Buffalo has to be all over Kaapo Kahkonen, if he's selected from Minnesota. Definitely a great building block and someone we can just let go into the pipes. I'd love to see him in Buffalo next season if a deal can be made.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Think they go Kahkonen over Soucy ?

111%. Kahk is cheap too.

Yes as there are only 2 goalies like Vitek and Kahkonen. (Cheap and possible 1B) there are 6 to 7 other defenseman like Soucy. I am a big fan of Soucy but I take the goalie every time.

Not to mention Kahkonen is waiver exempt and has 3 more years of RFA. Only goalie available that doesn't suck that can be put in the AHL until needed.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad