Rumor: Teams Asking About Jonas Johansson

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
From Friedman:

31 Thoughts: Why NHL is exploring the NBA Top Shot trend

7. I do think teams searching for goalie depth have asked Buffalo about Jonas Johansson, who will be an unrestricted free agent without 21 appearances of at least 30 minutes. Sunday was his second game of the season.

Imagine losing this guy and him becoming even okay when all we had to do is not play a vision impaired backup? Hutton has already played eight games. Another 13 games and we would have another option with JJ. There is ZERO indication he would have been any worse. I know he had a bad training camp or some BS and Hutton had a so-called great camp.

It was just stupid not giving this asset a chance, especially once the season was over. And it's over.

I hope he turns into a good goalie and we lose him for nothing because Carter Hutton was our #2 -- most Sabres thing ever.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
3222459f068060d8ca9f14607ff5a405c3cb68d805c4a8052fac0b7ee832ad7c.gif

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
There is nothing saying that teams are actually asking about Jonus. It is his opinion that teams are asking due to the possibility of UFA status but he shows no proof.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Agreed, but similarly, there is no reason to not play Johansson, and plenty of reasons to play Johansson.

He puts it in his column as a teaser because there's smoke. JJ will make one bad play like Hutton and never see the net again because of this coach's favourites.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
There is nothing saying that teams are actually asking about Jonus. It is his opinion that teams are asking due to the possibility of UFA status but he shows no proof.
It is a very pedestrian prospect. If he mentions him, people are asking but he wants the "see, I told you moment" when Johansson is traded.

Johansson has been my 1b abstract prospect to Cornel. He is legit and has always been a slow adaptor. What I saw against a top team like Philly was very encouraging. He should have got the Rags.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What I saw against a top team like Philly was very encouraging. He should have got the Rags.

I kind of agree he should be alternating with Hutton at this point...........but I also saw very concerning signs against Philly. He lunged at way too many pucks for my liking. He gets more scrambly than Ullmark was in the beginning.

I still think he tops out as an organizational #3 or maybe a legit NHL backup (#2, not 1B)

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad