Speculation: Teammates want Parise to Return

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I'm 50-50 for the obvious ''play the younger guys'' angle .

but , Zach was the least of nyi's problems last year .

would Lambert have the balls to sit martin and clutter and have a parise-zeek-gauthier 4th line

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm 50-50 for the obvious ''play the younger guys'' angle .

but , Zach was the least of nyi's problems last year .

would Lambert have the balls to sit martin and clutter and have a parise-zeek-gauthier 4th line
I think that’s where I would set my expectations if Parise were to return. As a platoon with Martin on the fourth line.

Again, I said expectations…if he’s obviously showing signs that he can still be a third liner capable of chipping in 15-20 goals while playing both sides of the special teams coin, then by all means NYI will take that.

If he decides to retire two players still unsigned that saw considerable PK time last season are Tomas Nosek and Tyler Motte.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
IDK. Parise has career earnings of $110M and still gets $833k for the next 6 years from his buyout, which means he shouldn't even have to start hitting his retirement account until 2029, when he's 45. So he doesn't need to play. We'll see how much he wants to.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think Lamber would, given that he already showed no deferential treatment to Josh Bailey.

If after the first few games the 4th line looks markedly slower than last season and are getting hemmed in more often I expect Martin or Cal could be sitting out. No sacred cows here anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad