Team USA Women lose to highschool boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Yeah the Canadian Olympic Women's team is playing here against our AAA Midget team (around 17 yrs old)

I expect a walloping by the AAA Oil Kings :D:D

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
11749619.jpg

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
I guess they havn't been eating their Hamburger Helper like Hayley Wickenheiser

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
not surprising at all...

Men are far superior even if they are 5-10 years younger.

Keep in Mind, Warroad is a damn fine team, thats all they do in warroad is play hockey.

I woulda been surprised if they lost in fact.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
A boy's Midget AAA team in Alberta also beat the Olympic team. It was a fairly close score if I remember right. 4-3 or something.

KH1

Wild Thing said:
With all due respect to the ladies, this should put an end to the "how long before you see women in the NHL" threads, eh?
Meh. If the Swiss WJC team beat Canada we wouldn't see "How long 'till Switzerland surpasses Canada as the World's #1 hockey country?" threads.

One game is one game. Tough pill to swallow for the Team USA chicks though.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
King Henry I said:
Meh. If the Swiss WJC team beat Canada we wouldn't see "How long 'till Switzerland surpasses Canada as the World's #1 hockey country?" threads.

One game is one game. Tough pill to swallow for the Team USA chicks though.

The fact the top US women didn't blow high school boys team, shows what level woman's hockey is at. I am assuming the team they played might have been a higher level high school team(which is an assembly of 14 to 18 year olds), but it's not like they are playing an "all star" high school team.

Kashew*

my old high school is playing them coming up. we're expected to win by a spread of about 4. its rumored it will be on ABC or ESPN too...

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Mr Bugg said:
A boy's Midget AAA team in Alberta also beat the Olympic team. It was a fairly close score if I remember right. 4-3 or something.

It was a team in Calgary a few years ago I believe. And something tells me the score was 7-4 or something - but I could be wrong.... it was years ago.

The goaltending in Women's hockey is way ahead of the rest of the game. The goalies are pretty good and usually keep the scoring very low.

Kashew*

they are playing my old school soon which basically IS an "all star" team. they are ranked #1 in the nation and the game should be on ABC or ESPN. we're gonna kill em.

Kashew*

they're good at getting their legs open and stopping those damn low shot pucks. (waits for warning points or to be flamed)

in all seriousness, women goalies are probably better because they can move more fluidly. however, in the NHL they'd suck cause id ont think they can take the beating every goalie takes with the new rules.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I am sure it says in one of the links but they played womens rules. No checking. And 2-1 on the road in a place like Warroad is a pretty good showing.

Having watched Womens hockey at the U. It surprsed me. It is pretty fun. And the girls skated a lot better than i thought they would.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Le Golie said:
It was a team in Calgary a few years ago I believe. And something tells me the score was 7-4 or something - but I could be wrong.... it was years ago.

Actually Canada's National Women's Team played quite a few games against teams from the AMHL (Midget AAA) this season and lost more than half of them (some by a wide margin, 2:7 against Red Deer and 1:5 against Medicine Hat). Their record is 7-8-2 and they will play another 5 games against Albertan Midget teams over the next few weeks.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/1/7/4/0/2/index1.shtml

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
This isn't very surprizing. First off, they weren't playing with much contact--although that might have worked in the women's favor. And second, we've known for a while that men are athletically superior to women. SI once had a snippet about how at Duke a pickup team of men would routinely beat the Duke women's team. Womens' sports has come a long way in a short time over the past decade or so, but no one should be too surprized that a boy's team beat a 'pro' women's team.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
This is nothing new. In 1996 I played on 16 yr old "All-Star" team out of Calgary and we played the Canadians Womens team with Manon Rehaume in net and we beat them pretty handily in a no contact game. Womens hockey has probably come a long way in the last 10 years but that should show you something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad