Team Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Steve466 said:
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember reading something long ago that said the Swiss hockey program was modelled more on the North American style than the European style.
Structurally yes, but from a style of play not so much. I've seen a few Swiss teams in the past 6 years get run over physically. This team has been very tough in the corners and along the walls.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I will also say that there are reasons Berra may not have been drafted. I am not convinced he is aware of where he is in his net. He tends to overplay some plays around his net and his angles have been off alot. That may have been what kept him off draft boards but I can say this. he is playing big and he is stopping the puck which is the bottom line for a goalie. There is a good chance someone will take a look at him. I hear he backs up Genoni in the Swiss second division. From what i've seen of Genoni is an athletic goalie with the penchant for bad goals at bad times. He must be doing something right to be keeping Berra behind him over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad