WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Axel Jonsson Fjällby!? I would say yes. He is young but i think he is already now good enough to play for Tre Kronor.
Actually I would agree you’re not going to get any substantially better role players in europe, and certainly not any faster ones.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Nylander might not play with his upcoming contract to be signed even if the leafs are out in round 1 this year.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Josefson, Loui and Hjalmarsson have declined. Sedins have retired from Tre Kronor.

Pääjärvi and OEL wants to play. What do you guys think of Pääjärvi?

Fem VM-nej från NHL

Btw this is the 922525 time that Hjalmarsson declines to play in WC. I 'm not questioning his honor, I'm denying its existence.

Reactions: EK47

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Right now the following players have declined:

Sedins
Hjalmarsson
Loui
Josefson
Klefbom
Rask

Could give us this team:

Lundqvist
Lehner
Markström

A.Larsson - Klingberg
Edler - Karlsson
Dahlin - OEL

Nyquist - Backlund - E.Pettersson
V.Olofsson - Zibanejad - E.Lindholm
Fast - Lander - Janmark
Fjällby - Lundqvist - Lundh

+ reinforcements from nhl-playoffs.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Josefson, Loui and Hjalmarsson have declined. Sedins have retired from Tre Kronor.

Pääjärvi and OEL wants to play. What do you guys think of Pääjärvi?

Fem VM-nej från NHL

Btw this is the 922525 time that Hjalmarsson declines to play in WC. I 'm not questioning his honor, I'm denying its existence.
Seriously OEL is on par with the most loyal players Sweden has ever had in the NHL. He needs to get more credit!

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Potential team:

Rakell – Zibanejad – Pettersson
Landeskog
BacklundNyquist
Janmark - Bäckström/Karlsson - Kempe
Pääjärvi
Larsson – Skandia/If
de la Rose - Andersson

Ekman-Larsson – Larsson
Lindholm - Klingberg
Gustafsson
- Hägg

Nilsson / Hellberg

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Potential team:

Steen – BacklundOmark / Nyquist / Silfverberg
Rakell – Zibanejad – Fast
Möller – Lindholm
Lindholm / Lindström / Nilsson
De la Rose
Larsson – Pettersson
Axelsson – Lundqvist / Krüger
– Kempe
Landeskog – Söderberg – Everberg

Ekman-Larsson – Larsson
Edler - Klingberg
Kronwall S – Njurunda

Lindholm – Brodin
Dahlin

Lehner / Lundqvist
Forsberg / Enroth / Fasth
Dansk / Ulllmark

---------------------------------

Wennberg – Nylander

Defensemen is the scarce rescource therefore participation from top players is crucial.
No point at all in picking the Skellefteå line again they couldn’t even produce against the top euro players, they should not be expected to produce here and they can’t defend for shit they are UTTERLY useless.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Planet Hockey

Apr 22, 2016
The impression I am getting is that the Canadian team will be stacked with some of the best NHL talent available, while 99 out of 100 European players in the NHL are declining this time. Decline decline decline. Sweden had virtually an entire team of NHL players last year or the year prior, right? How did they pull that off if a grand total of 1.5 NHL players from Sweden want to play in the WC?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
No point at all in picking the Skellefteå line again they couldn’t even produce against the top euro players, they should not be expected to produce here and they can’t defend for **** they are UTTERLY useless.

So, Lundqvist and Omark from european teams. Anyone else? Everberg, Axelsson and "Njurunda" Eriksson? Enroth?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
So, Lundqvist and Omark from european teams. Anyone else? Everberg, Axelsson and "Njurunda" Eriksson? Enroth?
Lundqvist is somewhat usefull as a 4th line C, Omark I still believe could be productive against better nations if put in a better situation. So those are the two I’d probably give spots right away. I have like ten defensemen in the SHL before Njurunda I’m not sure where the infatuation with him comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad