U18: Team Sweden 2023 U18 WJC roster talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The champions! 2 gold and 1 bronze in 3 latest tournaments.

Very early but always fun to speculate.

Theodor Munther
Noah Erliden
Eric Olsson

Theo Lindstein - Axel Sandin-Pellikka
Edvin Nilsson - Tom Wilander
Arvid Bergström - Eric Burger
Axel Landen

Otto Stenberg - Kalle Carlsson - Zeb Forsjäll
Anton Wahlberg - Noah Dower Nilsson - Noel Nordh
Felix Nilsson - David Edstom - Felix Unger Sörum
Elliot Stahlberg - Joel Svensson - Oskar Vuollet

Maybe some players born 2006 have a chance?

Last edited:

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Stenberg-Dower Nilsson-Nordh
Forsfjäll-Edstrom-Pettersson
Carlsson-Johansson-Sagranden
Nilsson-Vuollet-Sörum Unger

Lindstein-Sandin Pellikka
Bergström-Willander
Burger-Landén

Dower Nilsson has 31 points at 16 games in J20, he has really started good, so if he keeps performing i want him on the first line. My roster is almost the same as Hlinka roster, because they got to the final.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Not too fond of the Swedish 05's to be honest. I see few potential NHL stars, but then again.. it is pretty early. Dower-Nilsson's season is spectacular, but his skating stride will scare off many teams.. unless he shows considerable improvement this season.

Stenberg's mediocre production is surprising, considering he has been absolutely lethal in the past, especially with the national team.

Defenseman Sandin-P is the one I like the most after Stenberg. Doing great this season too.

Reactions: erikhamren

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Not too fond of the Swedish 05's to be honest. I see few potential NHL stars, but then again.. it is pretty early. Dower-Nilsson's season is spectacular, but his skating stride will scare off many teams.. unless he shows considerable improvement this season.

Stenberg's mediocre production is surprising, considering he has been absolutely lethal in the past, especially with the national team.

Defenseman Sandin-P is the one I like the most after Stenberg. Doing great this season too.
Yeah same. In

yeah same. I have said this is a weaker age group. I believe Stenberg and Sandin-Pellikka is the only ones ranked A in the ranking list

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Filip Ekberg already doing good in J20 playing on a shit team. Maybe not ready to be a top player on this level yet, but could be a exotic 13th forward.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Filip Ekberg already doing good in J20 playing on a shit team. Maybe not ready to be a top player on this level yet, but could be a exotic 13th forward.
I would take Alex Zetterberg instead. 26 points in J20 so far, and he's a 06.

But it would be very interesting and fun if Ekberg made the team as 2 year younger than the rest

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I like Ekberg, but to be honest.. on most teams he would play J18 and not J20. But playing for Almtuna, and continue doing so next season, is a great decision IMO. Will be a force at J20 level next season and I wouldn't surprise me if he got his fair share of HockeyAllsvenskan action too.

Don't think a 07 will make this team, but Alexander Zetterberg, Karl Sterner, Alfons Freij probably have a decent shot from the 06 group.

Haven't checked the scheduling and how it conflicts with SHL playoffs etc, but I am guessing Stenberg, Sandin Pellikka and Theo Lindstein could potentially all miss the tournament due to being with the men's teams.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ekberg dominating in Allsvenskan...

Theodor Munther

Noah Erliden

Eric Olsson

Axel Landen

Otto Stenberg - David Edstrom - Anton Wahlberg

Filip Ekberg - Noah Dower Nilsson - Noel Nordh

Felix Nilsson - Zeb Forsjäll - Felix Unger Sörum

Isak Hedqvist - Wille Johansson - Oskar Vuollet

Wahlberg with 4 points in 16 SHL games...he is a first liner on this team. Period.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Stenberg - Forsfjäll - Nordh
Dower Nilsson - Edstrom - Wahlberg
Carlsson - Nilsson - Unger Sörum
Ekberg - Johansson - Sagranden
Vuollet

Lindstein - Willander
Wikman - Sandin Pellikka
Bergström - Landén
Kostadinski

Erliden

I like this team. Good depth on defence and attack. I just wished We had one more safe first rounder forward but this team can go far

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Vuollet

Lindstein - Willander
Wikman - Sandin Pellikka
Bergström - Landén
Kostadinski

Erliden

I like this team. Good depth on defence and attack. I just wished We had one more safe first rounder forward but this team can go far
Ekberg on 4th line? He had a hattrick today in Allsvenskan....he is a man for our top 6 for sure.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Vuollet

Lindstein - Willander
Wikman - Sandin Pellikka
Bergström - Landén
Kostadinski

Erliden

Zether

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Ekberg on 4th line? He had a hattrick today in Allsvenskan....he is a man for our top 6 for sure.
Yeah i know, just for the first 2 games too see how he does, if he plays better than the top guys i want him at top 6.

I want him at PP1 tho

Ebbert

Dec 15, 2018
Think we should keep the Stenberg-Forsfjall-Nordh line together, they were good last tournament. Like your idea of a N.Dower Nilsson - Edstrom - Wahlberg as the second line. Put Ekberg in the third line for the first game and as you said give him PP1 time, move him up if he does well.

Kabetogama

Jun 11, 2021
Ekberg dominating in Allsvenskan...

Theodor Munther

Noah Erliden

Eric Olsson

Axel Landen

Otto Stenberg - David Edstrom - Anton Wahlberg

Filip Ekberg - Noah Dower Nilsson - Noel Nordh

Felix Nilsson - Zeb Forsjäll - Felix Unger Sörum

Isak Hedqvist - Wille Johansson - Oskar Vuollet

Wahlberg with 4 points in 16 SHL games...he is a first liner on this team. Period.
Dower Nilsson has played wing all year. Why suddenly put him att center at the U18 WJC?

Ekberg might get a chance on the second or third line. I believe Wahlberg was better playing with Felix and Felix, because Wahlberg and Dower Nilsson both need the puck, so Ekberg could potentially play with Edstrom and Dower Nilsson. What speaks against Ekberg making the team is that he has never been on this team and has only one good showing in Alllsvenskan against a mediocre team with not much to play for. His U20 numbers are good but not staggering. It will be really interesting to see what Ekberg does going forward! He should get a chance to play in the U18 WJC since I believe Sweden is going with 14 forwards. Not much to lose!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Shame there is no tournament before the U18 WJC, because Ekberg would most likely have been tested and we (and the management) would know for sure if he is someone for the team. Interesting to see what will happen now.

Having seen more or less all his Sweden U16 games with the national team this season... he has been good....but in no way dominant, other than maybe on the man advantage. That is against players his own age.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Shame there is no tournament before the U18 WJC, because Ekberg would most likely have been tested and we (and the management) would know for sure if he is someone for the team. Interesting to see what will happen now.

Having seen more or less all his Sweden U16 games with the national team this season... he has been good....but in no way dominant, other than maybe on the man advantage. That is against players his own age.
Agree, he was decent in the national team, but still the player with the most points. The top 07 guys should have done better vs Finland and czech republic. Next tournament Will be played in sweden 13 april. So Ekberg Will probably play there

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
So, only 2005, predictable I guess

Johansson and Pettersson aswell as Sagadin are there, so, all our top players will play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad