WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Your previous post comes off as nothing but a bad trolling attempt. It wasn't Lundqvists fault according to you, yet he lets in 2 soft goals that could have made all the difference in the game. Hmm.

Sweden was never even close to fulfilling their potential as a team this tournament. 5 players might have played up to their potential. Probably would have missed the playoffs if they didn't have players like Nylander and Pettersson, constantly making a difference. They nearly lost to both Latvia and Switzerland, there's nothing extraordinary that they didn't win against Finland. The writing was on the wall.

Maybe the writing was on the wall and maybe it wasn't you can't know that.
Yeah you're right on that Sweden didn't play so well but still it was 1 goal game and we ( Finland ) won.

Can some Swede tell me what a hell that hockey was what Sweden played 3rd period.
I'm not never seen that passive and phlegmatic Sweden during my lifetime.

But however
See you in U20 WJC's in December.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I feel Sweden came into this tournament arrogant, after having won the gold the two previous years.

They didn't play a single good game.

Reactions: fredligh

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Målvakt1Jhonas EnrothÖrebro
Målvakt25Jacob MarkströmVancouver
Målvakt30Henrik LundqvistNY Rangers
Back3John KlingbergDallas
Back6Adam LarssonEdmonton
Back8Robert HäggPhiladelphia
Back14Mattias Ekholm (A)Nashville
Back18Marcus PetterssonPittsburgh
Back23Oliver Ekman Larsson (C)Arizona
Back52Philip HolmTorpedo
Back56Erik GustafssonChicago
Forward9Adrian KempeLA Kings
Forward10Alexander WennbergColumbus
Forward16Marcus KrügerChicago
Forward21Loui ErikssonVancouver
Forward28Elias LindholmCalgary
Forward29Mario KempeArizona
Forward32Oskar LindblomPhiladelphia
Forward40Elias PetterssonVancouver
Forward58Anton LanderAk Bars
Forward63Jesper BrattNew Jersey
Forward70Dennis RasmussenMetallurg
Forward72Patric Hörnqvist (A)Pittsburgh
Forward88William NylanderToronto
Forward Gabriel Landeskog

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I didn't see all games, but from tve ones I did see, here are my grades.

+++++
Nylander

++++
None

+++
OEL
Landeskog
Ekholm
Hornqvist

++
Larsson
Klingberg
Pettersson
Bratt

+
The rest

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Single most disappointing player for me was Elias Lindholm. Scored almost 80 points in the NHL this season but was invisible the entire tournament.

Reactions: Star Ocean

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah you're right on that Sweden didn't play so well but still it was 1 goal game and we ( Finland ) won.

Can some Swede tell me what a hell that hockey was what Sweden played 3rd period.

But however
No one knows what that third period was about Grönborg just decided to ice his absolute worst forwards for more than half the period and surprise surprise they f***ing lost.

Yeah I’m soooooo pumped to see Montén f*** another tournament up.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden

But however
What do you mean i can't know that? Are the best d-core in the tournament suddenly gonna play like the best d-core in the tournament, out of nowhere? Are Lundqvist suddenly gonna play great, when he had looked shaky in pretty much every single game he had played? There was nothing unrealistic with expecting anything else other than what happened. In fact, i'd say it was naive of anyone to expect things to work out by themselves. Grönborg clearly wasn't going to make any big changes even though the team had some serious flaws, and were in desperate need of changes. I even predicted they would lose against Finland in this very thread, so yes, i knew.

If you thought that was bad, then you certainly didn't watch the Sweden-Russia game when Russia scored 6 goals in 1 period. When Sweden actually faced a great team in this tournament. They had previously struggled even against the most mediocre opponents. But hey, i guess the writing wasn't on the wall at all..

I didn't see all games, but from tve ones I did see, here are my grades.

+++++
Nylander

++++
None

+++
OEL
Landeskog
Ekholm
Hornqvist

++
Larsson
Klingberg
Pettersson
Bratt

+
The rest
Lol Pettersson 2? He was Swedens best player after Nylander..

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
What do you mean i can't know that? Are the best d-core in the tournament suddenly gonna play like the best d-core in the tournament, out of nowhere? Are Lundqvist suddenly gonna play great, when he had looked shaky in pretty much every single game he had played? There was nothing unrealistic with expecting anything else other than what happened. In fact, i'd say it was naive of anyone to expect things to work out by themselves. Grönborg clearly wasn't going to make any big changes even though the team had some serious flaws, and were in desperate need of changes. I even predicted they would lose against Finland in this very thread, so yes, i knew.

If you thought that was bad, then you certainly didn't watch the Sweden-Russia game when Russia scored 6 goals in 1 period. When Sweden actually faced a great team in this tournament. They had previously struggled even against the most mediocre opponents. But hey, i guess the writing wasn't on the wall at all..

Yep. 3+. A personal grade. Maybe Ekholm should have a 2. Brodin should have accepted and we would have had Brodin - Klingberg and Ekholm - Gustafsson as our third pairing. Then we would have SURFED Finland. Ekholm would have been better on a third pairing. Wennberg deserves a strong 3 as well. Came in late and did good immediately despite not playing much last month. Hörnqvist a 4. I mean, come on buddy. Those deflections! Kruger a 2 thanks to faceoffs. Maybe Nylander deserves a 6. Nylander Class. To have SO many more points than any other teammate. Lundqvist didn't have much help. He will get another chance next year. In Switzerland! Everyone's gonna be there except Victor Hedman, the french and the finnish NHL players. If Dahlin work out good in the gym this summer he will get to go too.

Finally, construct your Team Sweden that would have BEATEN Finland. Dig up every hockey player we have that never back down whatever happens. Every underdog, every physical monster we have. Every pain in the ass player, every destructive game destroyer. Everyone who is turned on (bånge) by a chance puck from the blue line. Sylvegård? Rahimi? Nygård? Who are the worst we have have in SEL? NLA?? Add Landeskog, Nylander and Klingberg and let the rest play Conny Evensson hockey. Read meat wall on the blue line. Ryggsäck. Oscar Sundqvist, de la Rose, Pääjärvi (giants) are a lock next time on the fourth line. Finnen ska bort (väck) från zonen (the zone)!. Steen, Zibanejad, Bäckström = 95 panners. Landeskog. A mad Adrian Kempe. Berglund would have made the work too. Maybe next season. Edler. Nemeth as 7th guy. Rahimi. Larsson. Maybe Stålberg? Add a few easily emotionalaffected dudes (svansen). Nu ska det bli medeltid! PS. Skim AHL as well.

"Den Stora Revanschen I Schweiz!" (RIS). Anyone who even look at the alps before the gold is home again can stay there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick Hansen

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
No one knows what that third period was about Grönborg just decided to ice his absolute worst forwards for more than half the period and surprise surprise they ****ing lost.

Yeah I’m soooooo pumped to see Montén **** another tournament up.

Mr Green had his eyes further on in the tournament and wanted to "empower" those needed for a victory in the tournament. Winning this game was not that high up on the agenda. He sure kept Nylander hungry... Bill even had to backcheck to get to play (and get points).

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Yes Grönborg isn't smartest hockey coach and that Sweden's game last 45-50 minutes was total garbage.
That's true Lundqvist is not anymore that goalie what he was 5-10 yrs ago even i noticed that ( I'm not blind ).

Sweden should get head coach who can handle those NHL stars what Sweden has.
Maybe Sweden should bring Pär Mårts back but can he handle all those Swedish NHL millionaires better than Grönborg.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yes Grönborg isn't smartest hockey coach and that Sweden's game last 45-50 minutes was total garbage.
That's true Lundqvist is not anymore that goalie what he was 5-10 yrs ago even i noticed that ( I'm not blind ).

Maybe Sweden should bring Pär Mårts back but can he handle all those Swedish NHL millionaires better than Grönborg.
Per Mårts as a coach is 1 000 000 times better than grönborg, but the problem is: he doesn’t watch the NHL and he doesn’t care how the players perform there. As a result no NHLrs want to play for him.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017

Not in the games I saw, then he looked sluggish and slow.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Not in the games I saw, then he looked sluggish and slow.
Not sure how many games you watched. I watched all games except the Italy one. He was tied 2nd on the team in points and he didn't ride shotgun to some guy that drove his line. He got the majority of his points in the games that actually had some significant meaning. Putting up points against teams like Italy, Austria and Norway... Who cares? You're gonna win those anyways. Pettersson brought it in all the meaningful games, except maybe the Switzerland game. He drove his line, just like Nylander drove his. When Russia absolutely embarrassed Sweden, he was still swinging despite the score. Trying. He showed effort in pretty much all the deciding games, which can't be said for a whole lot of Swedens players.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Lundqvist has had plenty of quarter and semi final stinkers.

Tommy salo got hated forever for one bad match (belarus)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lundqvist has had plenty of quarter and semi final stinkers.

Tommy salo got hated forever for one bad match (belarus)
Revisionist history that's just false. Hank previously has one quarters stinker. Olympics 2010. Other than that he never lost in quarters and in semis we lost he wasn't the reason we lost.

As for Salo, want to know what happened @ the famous down 5-1 to win 6-5? Salo got pulled at 5-1. Also, he was part of the big 1998 stinker, too.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

Bot Mårts and Grönborg took the national team forward from where they started. Both deserves credit. With Grönborg I wanted some more tactic. For example us to play super-defensive counterattack hockey after 3-1 on Finland.

A feeling is Garpenlöv will correct some things when he get full responsibility.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Revisionist history that's just false. Hank previously has one quarters stinker. Olympics 2010. Other than that he never lost in quarters and in semis we lost he wasn't the reason we lost.

As for Salo, want to know what happened @ the famous down 5-1 to win 6-5? Salo got pulled at 5-1. Also, he was part of the big 1998 stinker, too.
Lundqvists gaffe at the OT goal when we lost to team europe 2016.

1998 olynpics, are you serious? We lost 2-1. That was not salos fault.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lundqvist could definitely have played better but he wasn't the main reason we lost, this team got outworked and outcoached and would have needed spectacular goaltending to go all the way. Despite letting in a ton of goals against Russia, there was only a couple Markström could have saved. I think it was a mistake not to give him more chances. Lundqvist did look the opposite of calm in all games.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
When I have contemplated and calmed down, I certainly don't think our goalies were as terrible like the stats have shown, but I am certain the team played like shit, especially in the defensive zone, with sloppy turnovers all over. We never cleared the box around our net, it was just some poking, never a physical statement. And the hustling was just so bad, were most of them so worned out?

I think both Lundqvist and Markström faced way more difficult game scenarios than what you can ask from a goalie. All they mostly faced were terrible breakdowns and big screwups. I can't say they played that badly considering their different circumstances. Sure, they didn't excel, but the live hand grenades delivered by the team were far worse.

Finland has showed chemistry matters, because if you don't find it, you're screwed and the drawback from only NHL players is, they don't have any practice together. Shit happens, previous two tournaments the chemistry was enough, this time it was just not enough. Extremely disappointing, but still the right approach!

Grönborg's big mistake was his passiveness. He didn't try new things out, just as the Russian coach. When the game picture is slamming you in the face, you have to act. It's kind of like your job. They had way too much patience. And let's not even speak of the given ice time, holy crap was that awful.

Keep the NHl drafting, just get a coach that f***ing acts like a coach during a game. But, don't pick too many players who have 90+ NHL games in them. They're too fatigued in a mass and it affects the performance compared to a bunch who've rested alot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad