Post-Game Talk: Team Sucks 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Really didn't like Maurice's comments that they didn't give up a lead in the third, as the goal was early and the game wasn't played like they had a lead.

The radio guys agreed with his position, that having the lead for that much of the game doesn't count as blowing a lead.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Really didn't like Maurice's comments that they didn't give up a lead in the third, as the goal was early and the game wasn't played like they had a lead.

The radio guys agreed with his position, that having the lead for that much of the game doesn't count as blowing a lead.

View attachment 212811
Mo's gonna rationalize himself right out of a job

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
What would you like management to do between game 1 and 2 of the playoffs? Chevy's job is done for this year's team. He is basically a fan at this point in terms of playoff success.

There is nothing they can do, that’s the concern. There was a problem that most people could see with this team since Christmas and it was not addressed in any kind of satisfactory solution. So here we are, having to live with any shortcomings.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
There is nothing they can do, that’s the concern. There was a problem that most people could see with this team since Christmas and it was not addressed in any kind of satisfactory solution. So here we are, having to live with and shortcomings.
What would you have liked done? Chevy was in the top 3 busiest GM's at the TD. By most people's posts getting a #2 center was at the top of the list and Chevy did that.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
No, apparently at the NHL Board meetings last month they decided the Flames and Leafs would get two PP's per playoff game. The referees have been given instructions.
Weird Leafs and Jets only teams to get one PP while the US teams average 3+ PPs a game ... well at least the Leafs won. Bettman must be pissed.

Reactions: Ggg99

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I agree -

But you know Mo is looking at this from another angle -
He's not assuming it won't or can't work again -

He may break them up yet but it'll likely be a hail mary move -
IMO, the both of them need to pick it up - more energy and more drive and it'll all be good.

One things for sure - we go no where without these 2 playing their best game
Agree. They are our two most important forwards.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
What would you have liked done? Chevy was in the top 3 busiest GM's at the TD. By most people's posts getting a #2 center was at the top of the list and Chevy did that.

I was mostly commenting on one speculation by another poster to do with conditioning , not personal. If we are struggling to hold leads and if it is in anyway associated with conditioning, that’s on the coaches, not the GM. But if that is a problem, it should have been seen and dealt with earlier. I’m not saying it is conditioning, just that it should have been dealt with , if it was a problem. We should not be tired in the 3rd period.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
How it looked to me:
Switch was flipped. They played very well for 2 periods. Dominated at times.
Scheifele was not plugged in when switch was flipped. There is definitely something wrong with Fefe. He made 1 good defensive play. Otherwise invisible. Well except for Binnington collision on first shift.
They ran out of steam in the third. Didn't let up. Just didn't have enough left.
Needed to have built up a lead in the first 2 periods. Unfortunately only got 1 goal out of a lot of very good chances.

Not sure if they need to save something for the 3rd period or just bury a few more in the first 2 to have a big enough cushion. I think maybe spread it out a little more evenly, but what do I know?

I know that we need Scheifele to show up - or else put Copp in his spot.

55 would play like a madman if he was demoted for even a period. Let’s try it! :)

iannn

Jan 7, 2010

View attachment 212811
Ehh while I agree with the sentiment, I think a lot of that talk is just a show for the media and to avoid creating unnecessary drama. Look how far everyone went with the closed door meeting, all of a sudden our team is in chaos and our locker room is in complete disarray etc...

I very, very, very much doubt the team is okay with how the game ended. They're just gonna do what almost every other hockey team does - placate the media with a positive face and cliches. Wouldn't read much into it

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I know. They didn't play any harder than they did last season, and they managed that pace for 2 months and 2 playoff series. Now we should defend our team for tiring out after 1.5 periods, when we've been told this whole season that they've been "saving it for the playoffs" and "flipping a switch"?

I don't understand how people can argue that. If so, then our team has a serious conditioning problem that should be stressed in the off-season.
Just watch some of the other playoff games right now. They are playing all out all game.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

View attachment 212811

At this rate, if they lose another game they'll be perfect.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Weird Leafs and Jets only teams to get one PP while the US teams average 3+ PPs a game ... well at least the Leafs won. Bettman must be pissed.

This is weird because Chara basically mugged and grabbed the leaf forwards all game and finally got an interference penalty in the 3rd. He can't keep up with the leafs speed.

Bettman should be pissed the refs had lots of chances to get the Leafs 2 PP's.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I agree -

But you know Mo is looking at this from another angle -
He's not assuming it won't or can't work again -

He may break them up yet but it'll likely be a hail mary move -
IMO, the both of them need to pick it up - more energy and more drive and it'll all be good.

One things for sure - we go no where without these 2 playing their best game
Less shifts -> more energy/shift

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country

View attachment 212811
Wow wow wow what a bunch of BS! PoMo and Kevin O aka “the Pro boot licker”, Kidder aka “ Tell me why this guy is here?”, and whenever else are layers to the fans faces and just unintelligent.

His is a prime example of why PoMo won’t it get it done, ever. The TSN fools are just golden retrievers waiting for treates.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Some of us were advocating to stand pat or very close to that. Too many issues with this year's Jets to blow the future was the argument.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad