Olympics: Team Russia 2022

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Fedotov who is 25 or Shugayev who is 23 and on none of the big teams.
CSKA is not a big team now? Well, that's news to me. And I didn't say there is some major conspiracy behind the selection, I just said it's dumb to call up someone who has been terrible but has "NT experience". That's not any kind of merit by itself. But anyway, as long as Bilyalov and Fedotov end up as the goalies who are actually playing there is no problem.
I don't understand why Vasily Koshechkin is not invited to olympics:
Because he is not very good anymore and at this time he deserves rest rather than being called up to try out for a 3rd goalie spot.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
CSKA is not a big team now? Well, that's news to me. And I didn't say there is some major conspiracy behind the selection, I just said it's dumb to call up someone who has been terrible but has "NT experience". That's not any kind of merit by itself. But anyway, as long as Bilyalov and Fedotov end up as the goalies who are actually playing there is no problem.

Because he is not very good anymore and at this time he deserves rest rather than being called up to try out for a 3rd goalie spot.
Shugayev is on CSKA now?

It is as dumb as calling up people who have a good season on suspect teams without testing them prior.

It is a merit, a very important one. As I wrote earlier I have seen both Rashevskiy and Tertyshniy do exactly nothing on EHT level while both have breakout seasons in the KHL. At this point I would even prefer Shugayev over Bilyalov.

IceHockey19

Jan 27, 2010
Moscow, Russia
If that was the case, Koshechkin would have played 36 games while Olkinuora would have played 14.
Olkinuora is 7 years younger. During long season it matters. At the olympics there're just 6 games.
I'm not telling that Koshechkin better then Olkinuora, it doesn't matter. It's in Magnitogorsk.
I just haven't very much confidence in Fedotov or Bilyalov or Samonov.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Rumor is that he is currently still in the Covid protocol or something. He is on the reserve list that is expected to travel with the team though and I wouldn't be surrised to see further roster changes due to the Covid unfortunately.
A few players not selected were reported to arrive late and such due to COVID protocol. Obviously if they say tested positive yesterday they wouldn't be named.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
lol. This team is gonna suck. Gusev, Ship, Grigorenko + a bunch of grinders. Jesus Christ this is the worst constructed team in the history of humanity. It has more role players than those Znarok-led teams.
Get ready to win games 1-0.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
lol. This team is gonna suck. Gusev, Ship, Grigorenko + a bunch of grinders. Jesus Christ this is the worst constructed team in the history of humanity. It has more role players than those Znarok-led teams.
Get ready to win games 1-0.
You are overreacting. Who do you suggest to replace those role players? Eager to see tour list.

Cherepanov7

Sep 23, 2020
Well, with the guys and the little information available from the camp, I would ice the following 4 lines:

Gusev - Shipyachov - Galiev
Kuzmenko - Kadeikin - Tkachev
Grigorenko - Karnaukhov - Slepyshev
Voronkov - Anisimov - Chibisov

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well, with the guys and the little information available from the camp, I would ice the following 4 lines:

Gusev - Shipyachov - Galiev
Kuzmenko - Kadeikin - Tkachev

Grigorenko - Karnaukhov - Slepyshev
Voronkov - Anisimov - Chibisov
If nothing changed, bold players are on taxi squad. It is not clear about Anisimov, there were reports that Tkachyov will substitude him.

Cherepanov7

Sep 23, 2020
If nothing changed, bold players are on taxi squad. It is not clear about Anisimov, there were reports that Tkachyov will substitude him.

I know, still hope they realize someone needs to score the damn goals. Regarding Anisimov: today he tested negative so he is back with the team. They also played a internal test game, red vs white. White won 3-0. All three Goals were scored by Kuzmenko in a line together with Kadeikin and Tkachev. ;-)

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Шесть хоккеистов сборной России в Пекине сдали положительные тесты на коронавирус

As it became known to "SE", six players of the Russian national team passed positive tests for coronavirus after arriving in Beijing. Among them are reserve hockey players Dmitry Shugaev and Kirill Marchenko.
Today, February 3, the Russian team announced that forwards Sergei Plotnikov and Artem Anisimov did not fly to Beijing for the 2022 Olympic Games with the Russian team due to positive tests for coronavirus .
Recall that the Russian men's hockey team flew to Beijing to participate in the 2022 Olympics on a separate flight from other athletes . Initially, hockey players were supposed to fly on the same flight with teams in snowboarding in parallel disciplines, Nordic combined, Alpine skiing and individual athletes from speed skating teams.
The men's hockey tournament starts on February 9 with a match between the national teams of Russia and Switzerland. The Russian national team will play in group B with the Czech Republic, Switzerland and Denmark.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Is Kirill Marchenko now out completely, or in taxi squad? I know he tested positive, but who the hell knows, are they really positive and end up being negative after all...? Last time I checked he was selected in the final roster. I´ve been looking forward to see this guy playing.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is Kirill Marchenko now out completely, or in taxi squad? I know he tested positive, but who the hell knows, are they really positive and end up being negative after all...? Last time I checked he was selected in the final roster. I´ve been looking forward to see this guy playing.
We have all to accept the fact that with the daily testing and all the hysteria nothing is certain about rosters. That is why there are extended rosters. Marchenko is with the team. Every single player's participation in every single game can be a game time decision based on the most recent test. Fedorov and Nesterov are now with the team after a negative test. This will be the little game all the way. I would not give much F about who is currently on which side of the roster. It's 9th February that matters. Personally I don't think Marchenko is a must have though. He is on the list of players I am pretty ambivalent about.

Anyways. First practice units:

white:
Galiev - Shipachyov - Grigorenko Marchenko (this one looks pretty much like PP1 with all the Dynamo guys on it)
Voynov - Nikishin

blue:
Karnaukhov - Tkachyov - Voronkov Kayumov (pretty balanced 3rd line)
Yelesin - Telegin

red:
Gusev - Semenov - Gritsyuk (pretty good combo of Gritsuyk's speed and goal scoring on Gusev's line)
Yakovlev - Minullin

green:
Slepyshev - Andronov - Chibisov Kadeykin (could be a very good 4th line in any particluar combination of players. That D pairing though... Nesterov should solidify the D and make the pairings more balanced)
Sharipzyanov - Mukamadullin

Kuzmenko and Nesterov did not participate due to "doubtful" tests.
Anisimov and Plotnikov will come in later also due to posotive tests prior.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Personal preferences about Kadeikin aside, at least those lines make perfect sense on the surface.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad