• Total voters

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Salt Lake City Racers sounds good

But they are going Utah

There are a lot of names that sound better with Salt Lake in front
No, I was thinking the Utah Salt Racers - as a poster up thread mentioned, the Bonneville Salt Flats are internationally renowned for record setting speed runs.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Mammoth yes but not Mammoths

Utah Outlaws sounds funny when you say it.

Yeti is goofy and still kinda feels like the Avalanche

So for me Venom is the best of the bunch

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Salt Lake Sax will always be the best. 🎷

But I think Yetis has slowly become my favorite of the real options..I hate myself for it too
The only way I will stomach Yeti is if the logo is super cool - @rt showed on version where the head was a silhouette blended into the mountains.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Like the idea of referring to the dinosaurs found in Utah - but Mammoths seem too slow for a hockey team. Utah Raptors or Carnivores seem far more intimidating.

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
Utah Outlaws
Made a fool of myself on the local news hollering this into the camera last week at the big team welcome. The only enduring, sensible choice imho. Plus… any logo or branding work is guaranteed to be absolutely baller. 🤷‍♂️

Like the idea of referring to the dinosaurs found in Utah - but Mammoths seem too slow for a hockey team. Utah Raptors or Carnivores seem far more intimidating.
I’m with you on the Raptors - our state dinosaur is the Utahraptor - but there’s already a baseball team in Ogden named the Raptors. :/

starman

howling for Utah
I rather like The Utah Phoenix, that someone else already suggested. It's a nice nod to the past, and a good transformative/rebirth symbol. No doubt that a certain ex-owner/placeholder would object though! Imagine a cool animation of a coyote being consumed in the flames and being reborn as a phoenix!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad