Team name and jersey ideas

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Mammoth seems like a way to use a dinosaur themed logo.

Ice is terrible.
I feel like if they went with Mammoth, the question would always be why they aren't the Utah Raptors.

Headlines will also reuse 'mammoth success' or 'mammoth failure'.

Reactions: NYI365

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
i can’t process whether I like or hate mammoth.
I want to see a mockup of an Utah Mammoth brand/logo that uses a mammoth skull fossil instead of a fuzzy Snuffleupagus elephant logo.

Dark grey with white as the primary. The Jazz purple as the accent. And a design that’s heavy on snowy mountains and a big nasty mammoth skull. Full blown caveman look.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I think Mammoth and Ice takes them up to 8 trademarks excluding the Utah HC/HC Utah ones, enough for the bracket Smith mentioned

Reactions: Mosby

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I think Mammoth and Ice takes them up to 8 trademarks excluding the Utah HC/HC Utah ones, enough for the bracket Smith mentioned

Quite disappointed and surprised that Stingers are not among them.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I want to see a mockup of an Utah Mammoth brand/logo that uses a mammoth skull fossil instead of a fuzzy Snuffleupagus elephant logo.

Dark grey with white as the primary. The Jazz purple as the accent. And a design that’s heavy on snowy mountains and a big nasty mammoth skull. Full blown caveman look.
IMG_2901.jpeg
IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2908.jpeg
IMG_2909.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
IMG_2912.jpeg
IMG_2911.jpeg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Didn't stop the Cardinals.
Sports history doesn’t count if the whole team smoked cigarettes on the bench and was hungover every day.

I’m not saying it’s better now that everyone involved in pro sports that doesn’t have their own personal lawyer has a team of them. I’m not saying it’s better now that there’s quadrillions of dollars tied to every little detail of every little wrinkle of these games. I’m not saying it’s better that every player is the CEO of his own personal corporation.

I’m just saying things have changed. In such a way that naming the team The Raptors feels very unlikely to me. But not so much that I think anyone gives a rat’s ass what a pickle ball team, professional lacrosse team or women’s basketball team is called.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I’m talking about. I’m just supposin’ stuff based on my gut feeling.

Those are so sick but way too metal for Utah or even the NHL. A professional version of that would be so popular among non-hockey fans, though.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012

Between the KSL poll, this tweet, and the fact it will be a bracket....this will be the name unfortunately. Even before this tweet, I have to imagine Yetis is easily every kids favorite of the options and building a family brand is clearly important to Smith and fits perfect with the culture here.

Wrap it up folks, it's over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad