Team name and jersey ideas

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It’s not great and the replacement is better. But the D&C was was still 1,000x better than their previous logos which were pure trash. Just garbage.

Meanwhile:

Here are the odds as of Monday morning:

• Utah Blizzard +275
  • Utah Venom +300
  • Utah Fury +500
  • Utah Yetis +700
  • Utah Black Diamonds +1500
  • Utah Shredders +2000
  • Utah Stingers +2500
  • Utah HC +3000
  • Utah Hockey Club +3000
  • Utah Golden Eagles +3000
  • The Field +600
So you’re telling me Blizzard has the best odds? Why? Because of a stupid double Z?

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Friedman read off the whole list of the my bookie odds I posted earlier. Smith when speaking only mentioned four: Blizzard, Yetis, Outlaws, and Venom. He said they’ve been tracking them and they’ve all switched places as fan favorites early on. He said of those names (not clear if it was the Friedman list or his own list of four, but I assume he meant the four) that he believes one of those names has a greater than 50/50 shot.

He also mentioned that they brought back purple and blue for the Jazz. And that he wants the brands to have a venndiagram. He doesn’t want it like Pittsburgh where it’s all the same. He wants it to be like there are some shared elements and some unique elements. He mentioned mountains and ice and blue and purple.

If I’m forced to gamble, I’m betting on either Yetis or Blizzard. And I’m guessing it’s going to be mostly blue with some purple accents.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
It does look like the idea is an 8 name bracket, but they don't have 8 trademarks yet right?

Yetis
Fury
Blizzard
Venom
Outlaws

even if they're planning to put Utah HC in, that's only 6.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
IMG_2860.jpeg
IMG_2863.jpeg
IMG_2862.jpeg
IMG_2866.jpeg
IMG_2865.jpeg

rt

May 13, 2004
I think you’re on the right track.

I think it will be reminiscent of this:
4AFC6E0A-B186-4DAE-98BB-6A29782816D1.jpeg

But remember the distinctive D&C branding style.

A515E445-2D6F-4279-8155-1CD29F6DEAFF.jpeg

53274346-31A8-433C-A1F7-6D24D5F89C70.png

I think we’re getting mostly Ice Blue but with some purple accents. That would be my guess. And whether it’s Yeti or it’s Blizzard, I think the logo is going to be mostly mountains as the focal point. Not overtly a snow storm and not overtly a monster. I think the secondary logo will be more on the nose. The primary I think will be mountains either way.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I think we’re getting mostly Ice Blue but with some purple accents. That would be my guess. And whether it’s Yeti or it’s Blizzard, I think the logo is going to be mostly mountains as the focal point. Not overtly a snow storm and not overtly a monster. I think the secondary logo will be more on the nose. The primary I think will be mountains either way.
Yeah I agree, seems like they are working their way towards naming a team before the start of the year though at least, so that’s good.

rt

May 13, 2004
1- Utah Bobcats
2- Utah Grizzlies
3- Utah Yetis
4- Utah Roadrunners
5- Utah Olympians

HM: Wish it could've been Utah Coyotes. Those black jerseys are top notch.
I’m guessing it’s going to be Yetis, Outlaws or Blizzard. My money is on Blizzard. They can still use a Yeti secondary logo, use a yeti mascot and call the youth teams the Little Yetis. They can sell a ton of yeti merch. And the name has the ZZ symmetry with the Jazz. Plus Smith wants to show off the mountain theme. Blizzard does that well.

Max Milk

Jun 2, 2023
I’m guessing it’s going to be Yetis, Outlaws or Blizzard. My money is on Blizzard. They can still use a Yeti secondary logo, use a yeti mascot and call the youth teams the Little Yetis. They can sell a ton of yeti merch. And the name has the ZZ symmetry with the Jazz. Plus Smith wants to show off the mountain theme. Blizzard does that well.
Blizzard is a solid hockey team name IMO.

The only strike against it is that it is very similar to the Avalanche, a team that will no doubt eventually become a rival.

The same logic applies to Golden Knights/Golden Eagles, obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad