Trying to match the Flag colour
1713817843826.png

1713817468903.png

1713817429613.png

Last edited:

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
The problem with A.I is , you take any of these logos and stand them beside an NHL logo , they wouldn't stand up

Thats why I think they are going to be really simple so you can put the white outline around it when it goes on the jersey
1713818113152.png
1713818079725.png
1713818052325.png

Reactions: Summer Rose

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The problem with A.I is , you take any of these logos and stand them beside an NHL logo , they wouldn't stand up

Thats why I think they are going to be really simple so you can put the white outline around it when it goes on the jersey
View attachment 857526View attachment 857525.
View attachment 857523
Not bad, not bad…there’s just so many teams that use red and blue so I hope they go more yellow/orange/red. But if it’s Yeti then obviously they’ll be more blue.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I like the D&C brands more than most NHL brands and more than any fan mock-up I’ve seen.
the key is you need something that someone can replicate. Simple is better than complicated. with the bee and the hockey stick. Are you sure everyone will know that is a hockey stick? could be interpreted as another appendage.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I like the D&C brands more than most NHL brands and more than any fan mock-up I’ve seen.
We will have to see .... I think they have done a good job with the NBA logos...

However I dont like any of those 4 logos would be top 10 in the NHL..especially compared to the Kachina logo. ( thats just me )

However I will give them the benefit of the doubt.. I am sure they will look at every NHL logo and Jersey and try to "top" it while adding in everything that screams Utah. Smith said they are the best in the business , so we shall see.

I agree that I think it will be simple.. It may be just the letters saying Utah , or UY

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004
We will have to see .... I think they have done a good job with the NBA logos...

However I dont like any of those 4 logos would be top 10 in the NHL..especially compared to the Kachina logo. ( thats just me )

However I will give them the benefit of the doubt.. I am sure they will look at every NHL logo and Jersey and try to "top" it while adding in everything that screams Utah. Smith said they are the best in the business , so we shall see.

I agree that I think it will be simple.. It may be just the letters saying Utah , or UY
I think those are three really good logos. Queen City, Miami, and Milwaukee Bucks. They’re simple clean and clearly state the message and evoke the brand and place. The Brooklyn one, meh. That’s supposed to appeal to a particularly cool demographic.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Out of everything I've heard thrown around so far, Utah Outlaws felt the most right. It is a solid non-gimmicky sounding name, with a solid theme potential that's unique to the NHL. And I'm a sucker for rhyming or alliterative names so that helps.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
D&C has done good work for sure, but they haven’t been all hits.

abvlg3nqmun0ewpvqgt5.jpg

They found a way to get Chicago to actually pay attention to the MLS, but only to mock the redesign so badly that the Fire course corrected and changed logos again shortly thereafter.

Reactions: Brodie

rt

May 13, 2004
D&C has done good work for sure, but they haven’t been all hits.

abvlg3nqmun0ewpvqgt5.jpg

They found a way to get Chicago to actually pay attention to the MLS, but only to mock the redesign so badly that the Fire course corrected and changed logos again shortly thereafter.
It’s not great and the replacement is better. But the D&C was was still 1,000x better than their previous logos which were pure trash. Just garbage.

Meanwhile:

Here are the odds as of Monday morning:

• Utah Blizzard +275
  • Utah Venom +300
  • Utah Fury +500
  • Utah Yetis +700
  • Utah Black Diamonds +1500
  • Utah Shredders +2000
  • Utah Stingers +2500
  • Utah HC +3000
  • Utah Hockey Club +3000
  • Utah Golden Eagles +3000
  • The Field +600

starman

howling for Utah
It’s not great and the replacement is better. But the D&C was was still 1,000x better than their previous logos which were pure trash. Just garbage.

Meanwhile:

Here are the odds as of Monday morning:

• Utah Blizzard +275
  • Utah Venom +300
  • Utah Fury +500
  • Utah Yetis +700
  • Utah Black Diamonds +1500
  • Utah Shredders +2000
  • Utah Stingers +2500
  • Utah HC +3000
  • Utah Hockey Club +3000
  • Utah Golden Eagles +3000
  • The Field +600
most of these are truly awful names, though I can live with Blizzard if needs be

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Utah Wookiees. Similar to the Yeti, Wookiees are large, hairy, fictitious beasts. Unlike the Yeti, everybody loves Wookiees, particularly Chewbacca. As an added bonus, every game is Star Wars Night.

Trademark issues? "Never bother me with the details!!!"

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I like grizzlies because of the history. But the funny thing is there are no grizzlies and no wolves in Utah.
When the Nordiques moved to Denver there was considerable fan support for adopting that name or something Ursine. The Grizzlies season in Denver was a massive success, they really resonated in the city and drew well.

In addition there was a whole thing involving the name of the MLB expansion team. For decades the Minor league team was the Bears. Old Mile High Stadium used to be officially named Bears stadium. Ownership changed the name to the Zephyrs, which wasn't popular and there was fan support for naming the MLB expansion team the Bears. They went with the Rockies but made some promises about the mascot being a bear, but a couple years later went with the Triceratops.

The IHL went with Grizzlies to capitalize on that sentiment.

Anyway, the idiotic Rocky Mountain Xtreme idea leaked. There was a massive backlash for a couple days and they announced the Avalanche name and logo. Conspiracy theorists. think either they were trying to kill any dissatisfaction with picking Avalanche or a bear name, but proving it could be much, MUCH worse. Or there was internal debate in the front office and they leaked the Xtreme concept to prove to those supporters what shit idea it was.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Utah Wookiees. Similar to the Yeti, Wookiees are large, hairy, fictitious beasts. Unlike the Yeti, everybody loves Wookiees, particularly Chewbacca. As an added bonus, every game is Star Wars Night.

Trademark issues? "Never bother me with the details!!!"
I was thinking something Star Wars night themed with the name Rebels. We can refer to all the fans as rebel scum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad