Team name and jersey ideas

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
There was a really call Elk mock up I saw... I just wish I remembered where.
5C0C0D34-3FF5-412D-A82B-F45733CFFB68.jpeg

rt

May 13, 2004
I think the idea of leaving the team unbranded for the first year is unrealistic. Smith is saying that now but I’m sure when the firm he’s hired sits down with him they’ll strongly recommend against that.

They need to generate excitement and energy. Black and white plain text UTAH branding is the exact opposite of that. They need to put some kind of brand on social media, the website, around town. It’s really not feasible to do what he’s saying. It makes no practical sense and really can’t happen.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You don’t know that.

That could change with one 5 minute phone call and Smith scrounging up the loose change in his couch cushions.
then why did the existing franchise welcome the NHL Team....rt.... if the NHL Team isn't in WVC..... BUT Delta Center... the affiliation between Tucson and Utah isn't changing nor do I see Utah's current hockey team switching affiliations from Colorado....

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I think the idea of leaving the team unbranded for the first year is unrealistic. Smith is saying that now but I’m sure when the firm he’s hired sits down with him they’ll strongly recommend against that.

They need to generate excitement and energy. Black and white plain text UTAH branding is the exact opposite of that. They need to put some kind of brand on social media, the website, around town. It’s really not feasible to do what he’s saying. It makes no practical sense and really can’t happen.
Yeah how can you not come up with name by Sept?

The only thing I can think of is the new fanatics group needs them in the next week or so.

And after hearing the live stream, they need to get fan involvement, the need to ensure copyright and trademark have no conflicts

Last edited:

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

Yeah, he may be going for an underpromise over deliver sort of thing here

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
remember the 96 entry draft when we didn't have a full jersey. just a logo.
Yeah but now we have AI…this thing can spit out a legit jersey concept in 30 seconds. From there it’s just about tweaking and fine tuning…adding or subtracting a few things here and there. Once they have a name picked they can have a jersey done and merchandise ready in a month. I don’t see the issue with having this ready by September but what do I know?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yeah but now we have AI…this thing can spit out a legit jersey concept in 30 seconds. From there it’s just about tweaking and fine tuning…adding or subtracting a few things here and there. Once they have a name picked they can have a jersey done and merchandise ready in a month. I don’t see the issue with having this ready by September but what do I know?
they will want to workshop and market test the name. I agree this should be quicker than what they have hinted.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Utah Yeti or Yetis does roll off the tongue quite well even if it has nothing to do with local traditions it has a ring to it and I think we threw tradition out the window when everyone jumped on the Kraken name for Seattle. And brings in a color scheme that likely not a lot of teams are using.

I also think Utah Ambush would work. You can evoke the Utah Raptor as an ambush predator without stepping on the NBA's toes and kind of has that outlaw, wild west sort of feel to it as well.
Heck a cowboy Utah Raptor would be kind of interesting as a mascot with a name like that.

There's also the Utah Outlaws but it does seem a little plain jane for a new team in the 2020's we can be more creative than that.

rt

May 13, 2004
Utah Yeti or Yetis does roll off the tongue quite well even if it has nothing to do with local traditions it has a ring to it and I think we threw tradition out the window when everyone jumped on the Kraken name for Seattle.
The local tradition is “finally bringing together The U & The Y” according to Smith (he said this jokingly but I think that reason would be a huge hit in Utah).

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The local tradition is “finally bringing together The U & The Y” according to Smith (he said this jokingly but I think that reason would be a huge hit in Utah).

Yeah it just sounds really nice. Utah Yetis.

If this is what they do go with I wonder if the team will be powder blue as main color or go for something more out there.

The fact that they haven't trademarked a single good name is so depressing, sigh

They'll likely trademark a flurry of names as they keep doing market research and brainstorming. It's all about what the fans in Utah want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad