Team name and jersey ideas

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
100%

I could see Mammoth or mountaineers sliding in there as well
I don’t think so. Not if they seed highest to lowest each round of the bracket. I think Yeti is going to coast straight to the finals. And if Outlaws beats Mammoth, that’s the only way Yeti gets any competition. If mammoth beats outlaws it’ll be Yeti.

I’ll show you what I mean…

IMG_0910.jpeg

Round 1
  1. Yeti (1) v Hive (8)
  2. Outlaws (2) v Swarm (7)
  3. Mammoth (3) v Mountaineers (6)
  4. Blizzard (4) v Black Diamonds (5)
Round 2
  1. Yeti (1) v Blizzard (4)
  2. Outlaws (2) v Mammoth (3)
Round 3
  1. Yeti v ????????
I think Round 1 results are a given. In Round 2, Yeti smokes Blizzard. Blowout. But Outlaws vs Mammoth could be a dogfight. If Outlaws prevails, Yeti has real competition for the first time. If Mammoth comes out on top, I think Yeti wipes the floor with em.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I don’t think so. Not if they seed highest to lowest each round of the bracket. I think Yeti is going to coast straight to the finals. And if Outlaws beats Mammoth, that’s the only way Yeti gets any competition. If mammoth beats outlaws it’ll be Yeti.

I’ll show you what I mean…

View attachment 868748

Round 1
  1. Yeti (1) v Hive (8)
  2. Outlaws (2) v Swarm (7)
  3. Mammoth (3) v Mountaineers (6)
  4. Blizzard (4) v Black Diamonds (5)
Round 2
  1. Yeti (1) v Blizzard (4)
  2. Outlaws (2) v Mammoth (3)
Round 3
  1. Yeti v ????????
I think Round 1 results are a given. In Round 2, Yeti smokes Blizzard. Blowout. But Outlaws vs Mammoth could be a dogfight. If Outlaws prevails, Yeti has real competition for the first time. If Mammoth comes out on top, I think Yeti wipes the floor with em.
I get what you are saying…..that makes sense…

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004
I get what you are saying…..that makes sense…
Of course it’s all speculation and I could be way off. But the original KSL poll looked that way and the new one does too. As did the ESPN/Wyshynski poll on X. And there’s been thousands of votes on each. So I’m thinking the results will hold. But they haven’t gone head-to-head yet. Never know what happens when people start voting against options rather than for them.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Yeti has been the heavy favourite since Day 1. Hopefully someone gets in Smith's ear and this whole polling process can be expedited and we can have a name and look this October.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeti has been the heavy favourite since Day 1. Hopefully someone gets in Smith's ear and this whole polling process can be expedited and we can have a name and look this October.
Outlaws could take it if the anti-Yeti camp teams up with the pro-Outlaws camp in the finals. That’s the only scenario whet Yeti loses.

I wish they’d just skip to the final.

Either way D&C should just be working on Yeti designs right now.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Of course it’s all speculation and I could be way off. But the original KSL poll looked that way and the new one does too. As did the ESPN/Wyshynski poll on X. And there’s been thousands of votes on each. So I’m thinking the results will hold. But they haven’t gone head-to-head yet. Never know what happens when people start voting against options rather than for them.
My thought was it was more like NASCAR ..( always have racing on the brain)

20 with a round of voting ..knock the bottom 8 or 12 off
Top 12 with a round of voting .. knock the bottom 4 off
Top 8 etc…. Knock 4 off
Top 4
Top 2 .,

Either way .. at some point it ends up Yeti vs Outlaws I think , and Yeti takes it.

If they were smart that company would be working on logos now in preparation

One altercation above , could be at top 4 you knock off 1 per round …l etc.. 4 , 3….final 2

Last edited:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I think Yeti is dumb. I think it will win because it rolls off the tongue best and Seattle set the standard for mythical creatures to be a hip team moniker

I’m all about the Mammoth. Will be a bad ass logo, based off of a real animal and still pretty unique. Replace the howling Coyote goal horn with an elephant horn

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Mammoth is probably my favorite. I think I like yeti more than outlaws, even though I like the concept for outlaws better. I just can't believe when asked who my favorite team is I'd have to say "the outlaws". Sounds more like a baseball or soccer team to me.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Mammoth is probably my favorite. I think I like yeti more than outlaws, even though I like the concept for outlaws better. I just can't believe when asked who my favorite team is I'd have to say "the outlaws". Sounds more like a baseball or soccer team to me.

Even worse, "the Utah Outlaws".

Or maybe better, depending on how you feel about a rhyming name.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad