IMG_2946.jpeg
IMG_2947.jpeg
IMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_2948.jpeg
IMG_2949.jpeg

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
They're most likely going to be the Yetis, so I propose ripping off Umaro from Final Fantasy 6 for the logo and color scheme:
Umaro.png

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
New native animal idea: Utah Bisons. They look big and cuddly, but hit like a freight train.

View attachment 862664
I like that better than any of the current top eight. My favorites are Bighorns and Black Diamonds but neither made the cut.

I prefer Mammoth over Yetis but not enough to disappoint the children. They like Yetis. None of the other approved options are significantly better. So Yetis is fine with me.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
New native animal idea: Utah Bisons. They look soft and cuddly, but hit like a freight train.

View attachment 862664
Totally off topic .. it funny you brought this up..

I just read about a pit fight that took place in the late 1800s in Mexico between, a Mexican fighting bull vs an American Bison.

The Bison hurt his leg from the train ride down and just kind of stood in the middle of the ring , the fighting bull came in all snorting and pawing the ground and charged.. the Buffalo just stood there, and at the last minute pivoted on his front legs, head butted the bull, and dazed the crap out of him.. the bull charged 2 more times with the same result. Finally the bison charged , and the bull almost broke the fence trying to escape, the bison sliced him up bad..

The Mexicans , wanted a double or nothing and sent 2 more bulls , which the Bison beat.

Finally for another bet, the next day they wanted the Bison to take on 3 at the same time. The Americans, put in a smaller Bison as the first one’s leg was getting worse..

So they made the ring smaller, and reinforced so the bulls wouldn’t break the walls. They sent the 2 bulls in first.. but for some reason they sent the same bulls from the day before..and they obviously had bad memories and tried to escape right off the bat..they sent in some matadors to get them riled up but to no avail.. the sent in the small Bison , who just went into the middle of the ring and laid down for a nap, while the 2 bulls tried to break down the walls

A month or so later they took the bison to Spain, to take on the Spanish fighting bulls with the same results..

I just stumbled upon this last night .. I thought for sure the long horns of the bull would win

There is a video on YT, from Ohio where for some reason they have Bison in the same pasture as African Rhinos..so the Rhino charged a Bison, who just put his head down at the last minute.. the horn of the rhino seems to bounce off the head of the Bison.. the Rhino runs away, the Bison continues to eat..

Anyways sorry was off topic.. back to hockey

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
But their logo is a bison.
Which is stupid.
I don't know what the distinction is between bison vs. buffalo, but way too similar to use as a logo.
Their team is called the swords. And they put a bison on their logo. Because they suck. And their football set up is even more asinine. Utah Jazz may actually be the 2nd worst name of a sports team. I think “The Buffalo Bills” might be worse. They don’t even have any cowboy stuff in there. Literally just a Buffalo. The Buffalo buffaloes. It’s too stupid.

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
View attachment 864421View attachment 864422View attachment 864423
Used AI for the colors I wanted for each. Obviously the words are alittle screwed but you get the idea
Yetis
Mammoth
Elks
Of course, I’ll be the first to admit I’m rooting for purple as a primary team color. But if we don’t have a deep brown as an accent I’m gonna riot. Underutilized and under appreciated team colors for sure (cue the Sudbury Blueberry Bulldogs as prime example numero uno). Copper is my next accent runner up.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I think Yeti is worse. Not sure why everyone seems to love it so much. Yeti are of lore from the Himalayan mountains on the other side of the world
I think somewhere along the way someone thought that this “creature” in a “herd” or a pack would be similar to deer ..

Look at all of those deers… rather than look at all of those deer.

They won’t go Yeti anyways, unless they come up with an agreement with the cooler company etc..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad