GDT: TEAM DETROIT, Game 8 vs WPG (7pm)

Should the THE FELLOWSHIP be brought back for the GDT @BOS?

• f*** yes!

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Only if TEAM DETROIT fails!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • The f*** you want with this nerd shit anyway? Fantasy is for kids, grow up!

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Stop asking questions, you dingus!

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
This was a wet fart of a game.

Our defensive mistakes finally caught up to us, and a superstar goalie got hot.

Next game will be better. I think this team has a lot more pushback than previous years Wings.

Reactions: Realgud

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
This was a wet fart of a game.

Our defensive mistakes finally caught up to us, and a superstar goalie got hot.

Next game will be better. I think this team has a lot more pushback than previous years Wings.
Hopefully we change our shorts or the season will be a diaper rash.

Reactions: HoweFan

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
Just a bad game against a mediocre opponent.

Next game is the real deal - most important of the season to this point, in my eyes, and a real litmus test of what this team can be. LFG.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Damn, it was a very close game. Just annyoing to Jets have that lucky second goal to have it 0-2.

Liked the 3rd period push, they really went hard for 10 minutes, but nothing bounced on our way. And Hellebuyck was great + defence.

I think the there could be some flu on the team, DeBrincat having it, somebody else could have it.

Hope it isn't worse at Boston.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Watched a little of the 2nd and all of the 3rd period. Besides rush opportunities the Wings made it easy for Hellebuyck. Very little traffic in front of him especially on the PP.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I didn't mind the game. Our numbers were going to regress and better they do it in games like this rather than being blown out 8-1 against a divisional opponent. The benefit of a hot start is it allows the team to have a few games like this.
Boston is a game of bigger importance and I expect the team to produce a better effort.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I mean, I watched the same game everyone else did. I saw them come out careless and a little spastic, spend almost a third of their 1st period in the box because of it whilst digging themselves into a 2 goal hole. "No problem," it looked like they said, "we can outscore our mistakes now."

Well yes. And no, not when the other team knows exactly what you're going to try and stops it, AND is a touch faster and a touch crisper, to boot. AND no puck luck.

Still a better team than last year in every category you want, IMO, but play like that on Saturday and they'll get burned.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Took my (6yo) son to the game. They announced in warmups that a bug was going around the locker room, and Debrincat would be a game time decision.

We had fun just being there and with all the Star Wars stuff. But really the whole team played like they had the flu. Didn't move their skates nearly enough and let the Jets have way too many chances without dictating pace like they did in earlier games.

But I was still encouraged by:
- Raymond scored. Kid is definitely tougher than last year and hopefully the points keep coming.
- Team passing is still a lot better than previous years.
- Even in a loss, their ability to hold the zone on offense is fun to watch. They just need to be more assertive in getting to better scoring areas.

May the Bruins suffer humiliations galore this weekend.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The defense was really shaky in the first period but after that it looked pretty good. Offense couldn't hit a corner to save their life last night. I swear everything was at Helly's chest/5 hole. We needed more traffic in front. I'm hoping the flu was slowing us down last night because the whole team just looked a bit off.

Reactions: Macoun

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Watched a little of the 2nd and all of the 3rd period. Besides rush opportunities the Wings made it easy for Hellebuyck. Very little traffic in front of him especially on the PP.
Was at the game, between the blueline and goal on Hellebuyck’s side for 2 periods. This is spot on. We made it easy for him. Also a ton of chances in front of the crease with no one there to bang it home.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
They are playing really confident and sticking to the system for the most part

You need to win the specials teams battle if you want to avoid losing streaks, lets hope they can do that

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
reminds me of last year...started off strong and impressive then fell apart. hopefully not the case this year. time will tell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad