News Article: Team Canada's Olympic teams

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I don't know what to make of the Olympics this year. It's in a bubble. In the middle of confrontations between NATO and Russia, and Chinese democracy being a legitimate concern in Asia. In the middle of a health crisis that is shutting down cities. Is anyone from Canada travelling to China to broadcast the games? I know NBC pulled out already.

There's guys who profitted from retirement this year who get a chance to represent Canada on the global stage. But it's still amateur compared to the NHL. Canada will be in tough I think. Owen Power vs. Jake Sanderson will be a battle.
Any Jets prospects beside Nathan Smith playing in the Olympics? Eric O'Dell has probably aged out.

Reactions: Jets 31

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
It definitely helps even out the world stage. (Shouldn't see too many 10+ goal blowouts) Now teams that didn't have any NHL players but can play cohesively as a team will have a chance. There are also diamonds in the rough all over the place. I might enjoy Olympic hockey if I lower my expectations.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't know what to make of the Olympics this year. It's in a bubble. In the middle of confrontations between NATO and Russia, and Chinese democracy being a legitimate concern in Asia. In the middle of a health crisis that is shutting down cities. Is anyone from Canada travelling to China to broadcast the games? I know NBC pulled out already.

There's guys who profitted from retirement this year who get a chance to represent Canada on the global stage. But it's still amateur compared to the NHL. Canada will be in tough I think. Owen Power vs. Jake Sanderson will be a battle.
Any Jets prospects beside Nathan Smith playing in the Olympics? Eric O'Dell has probably aged out.
To me there is way more reasons not to have the Olympics than to have them but as always money is the most important thing.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

Women's Olympic Hockey Captain/Alternates (per Wikipedia)

Marie-Philip Poulin - C
Brianne Jenner - A
Blayre Turnbull - A

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I might be ignorant, but I choose to ignore the political and socio-economic ramifications of the Olympics and just enjoy them as a spectator. Hockey, and the x cross stuff is my favorite.

I'll enjoy the mens hockey tournament for what it is, (psuedo) amateurs playing for love of country.

Reactions: Cypruss

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I might be ignorant, but I choose to ignore the political and socio-economic ramifications of the Olympics and just enjoy them as a spectator. Hockey, and the x cross stuff is my favorite.

I'll enjoy the mens hockey tournament for what it is, (psuedo) amateurs playing for love of country.

The only Olympic coverage that would interest me are the feeds from spy cams that ya know the Chinese government has setup in every room in the athletes' village. :nod:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Women play tonight against the Swiss. Ultimately will come down to us against the Americans again, most likely.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Sarah Fillier, the heir apparent to MPP with the first goal less than a minute in. What a treat to have had Wickenheiser pass the torch to MPP and now a next generation emerging.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Sarah Fillier, the heir apparent to MPP with the first goal less than a minute in. What a treat to have had Wickenheiser pass the torch to MPP and now a next generation emerging.
Make that 2

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
BUMP (because it's the Olympics)

hockey.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad