GDT: Team Canada vs. Red Bulls Salzburg U20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
"a mix of senior second division players along with junior players"

So, basically, they aren't a very good team at all. It was essentially just a scrimmage against a team that would lose by double digits in most circumstances.

About 12 of them have played with the Austrian Champion in the top Austrian league (with the team that looked quite good against the LA Kings in pre-season ;)) this year with about eight of them playing regular with the team.

Canada should/could have won by double digits but they tried to be a little to fancy on some chances (another sweet pass instead of just shooting the puck). But for their first game together I thought they looked quite good. There is already some chemistry (especially on the first line) and the powerplay looked quite good IMO.

Last edited:

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
About 12 of them have played with the Austrian Champion in the top Austrian league (with the team that looked quite good against the LA Kings in pre-season ;)) this year with about eight of them playing regular with the team.

Canada should/could have won by double digits but they tried to be a little to fancy on some chances (another sweet pass instead of just shooting the puck). But for their first game together I thought they looked quite good. There is already some chemistry (especially on the first line) and the powerplay looked quite good IMO.

Hartsberg did say that they didn't shoot the puck enough (I only saw the interview) then TSN immediately showed the clip (while the interview was still going) of Turris scoring his 2nd goal, Marchand in the slot. I am all for Turris scoring b/c I think he'll be a terrific hockey player but that shot is not going to be there all tournament and neither is Turris; Marchand has to let that go.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Canada beats Slovakia 6-1 in Bratislava. Tavares picks up a pair of goals in the win and Brad Marchand has two more assists.

Looks like Canada was the more heavily penalized team. They picked up a pair of misconducts to boot.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/5/1/7/0/7/index1.shtml

Canada took 14 minor penalties and 2 10-minute misconducts:amazed:.

I'm interested to see where Tavares ends up starting the tournament. Anyone watch the game today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia