GDT: Team Canada vs. Red Bulls Salzburg U20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks28

Jun 26, 2007
Who's scored for Canada?

1st period
8:51 CAN Riley Holzapfel (Wayne Simmonds, Drew Doughty)
9:30 CAN Kyle Turris (Brad Marchand, Claude Giroux)

2nd period
3:05 CAN Kyle Turris (Brad Marchand)
4:08 CAN Luke Schenn (Brandon Sutter, Stefan Legein)

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Turris continues to rack up points on lower level opposition.

Seriously though, the puck seems to be following him around. A bit more chemistry and that line could do some serious damage in the tournament.

Last edited:

Spalfredsson

Jun 26, 2007
Is that guy trying to sound like borat? or is it a coincidence?

But this is a great feed, good find.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
wow. this is nice... thanks..

btw. does anyone know..

what # is tavares, stamkos, turris, doughty??

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i cant even see who anyone is. who was that guy flying through the salzburg defense??

and who made the hit were the guy lost he's helmet??

edit: it was turris...

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Shootout anyways! Be interesting to see Canada's five shooters.

5-0 after regulation.

Edit: they 'aborted' the shootout.

Marchand gets Canada's player of the game and Red Bulls goalie gets player of match.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I caught all but the first 15 minutes of the game...

It was a bit difficult identifying players but some were easy to pick out.

-Stamkos was possibly the best player on the ice, outstanding speed, took the puck end-to-end twice and was inches away from two absolute highlight reel goals. This might have to do with the weak competition but he was outstanding in both ends and the kid is just so elusive, doesn't look out of place whatsoever out there.

-Turris was very good as well, that line is certainly capable of being the best in the entire tournament. Giroux has exceptional hands and played a pretty physical game which surprised me a little as I don't get to see him play that often.

-Doughty looked very good I thought, moved the puck well and is strong physically.

-Neither goaltender was really tested that much so it's hard to gauge, that being said I missed a good chunk of the first so Mason may have had some quality shots. Bernier certainly wasn't overly busy although he made a few nice stops. Must be kind of odd going from playing in the NHL regular season to a U20 Austrian team.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I caught all but the first 15 minutes of the game...

It was a bit difficult identifying players but some were easy to pick out.

-Stamkos was possibly the best player on the ice, outstanding speed, took the puck end-to-end twice and was inches away from two absolute highlight reel goals. This might have to do with the weak competition but he was outstanding in both ends and the kid is just so elusive, doesn't look out of place whatsoever out there.

-Turris was very good as well, that line is certainly capable of being the best in the entire tournament. Giroux has exceptional hands and played a pretty physical game which surprised me a little as I don't get to see him play that often.

-Doughty looked very good I thought, moved the puck well and is strong physically.

-Neither goaltender was really tested that much so it's hard to gauge, that being said I missed a good chunk of the first so Mason may have had some quality shots. Bernier certainly wasn't overly busy although he made a few nice stops. Must be kind of odd going from playing in the NHL regular season to a U20 Austrian team.

yeah. i thought about that myself...

and i guess it wasnt easy for the uastrians either. it was probably in the back of their minds that bernier has played in the NHL....

a bit different from austrian U-20 league goalies...

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
So how good was thie Red Bull Salzburg team? Were they all U20 as well? They looked quite small in comparison to the Canadians.

toastman344*

No they ( Salzburg ) weren't all U20's...according to TSN...they had some senior players as well...

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
"a mix of senior second division players along with junior players"

So, basically, they aren't a very good team at all. It was essentially just a scrimmage against a team that would lose by double digits in most circumstances.

toastman344*

Well it was their first game together and they just arrived overseas...They'l get better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad