WC: Team Canada Roster Helsinki-Tampere 2022

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Ok now I'm pumped for this team. Round robin is such a slog it's hard to pay too much attention but down 3-0 in an elimination game and a comeback win with two goals from an empty net in two minutes - that is a lot of tailwinds to sail in front of, all the way to the GMG.

LFG!

Reactions: Great99 and jj cale

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that gaining victory against a very strong team Swedish was very nicely done for team Canadian Leafs! I don't know what the schedule for the rest of the tournament will look like, but I'm certainly rooting for Finlandian - Canadian final if that is at all possible under these cirmumstances!

Reactions: jj cale

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010

Can we please get a Team Canada that includes both McDavid and Nate MacDangle. Atta Boy, Nate! Hell of a game. Hopefully the Avs take it back in St. Louieeeeeeee

Love the goal but also the fan reaction. Hockey the most exciting sport in the world.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I think that gaining victory against a very strong team Swedish was very nicely done for team Canadian Leafs! I don't know what the schedule for the rest of the tournament will look like, but I'm certainly rooting for Finlandian - Canadian final if that is at all possible under these cirmumstances!

Certainly possible and probably the favored outcome - I think it would take a USA and Finnish win today, Canada and Finland taking care of business vs. Czechs and USA respectively in the SFs and Canada and Finland will meet in the final for the third tournament in a row - the modern premiere international hockey rivalry.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Interesting - 4 straight OT wins for Canada in the quarterfinals.

2022 - Drake Batherson
2021 - Andrew Mangiapane
2019 - Mark Stone
2018 - Ryan O'Reilly

EDITED

Last edited:

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
Semifinals 28 may Early game Finland vs USA Late game Canada vs Chech so its possible

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
I'm not sure who is the home team and has last change. Since it seems CZK gets most of the offence from 1 line (Kreji++) I'm wondering how we'd want to match. I think Dubois and group would do well and Lowry,etc. too. Maybe avoid the Barzal line head to head.

Speaking of Barzal, been pretty quiet but picked a great time to break out with the tie goal & beautiful set up on the winner. And all on his birthday.

Reactions: NyQuil

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I watched the TSN replay, good game and good pushback by Canada. Good job in the big moments for Canada's big guns. I really liked Cozens' game as well.

Reactions: NyQuil

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Guys and ladies...how great is the McJesus v MacDangle conference final going to be? I've been waiting for this since...oh I don't know...the 2015-16 season. too bad we can't get that thing started this weekend. Team Canada medal games in the afternoon followed by the evening's main event. McJesus v MacDangle. Oh well...I've waited this long...what's a few more days?

Maybe we'll be lucky for the 2023 WHC Team Canada and both McJesus and MacDangle will be available. 2023 Team Canada roster next weekend. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jj cale

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
With two points in the game against Sweden, Pierre-Luc Dubois tied himself with McDavid for all-time points at WC. They are both now at 26. Dubois needs three more goals to enter top10 on canadian all-time goal scoring list at WC.

Reactions: hn777

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
With two points in the game against Sweden, Pierre-Luc Dubois tied himself with McDavid for all-time points at WC. They are both now at 26. Dubois needs three more goals to enter top10 on canadian all-time goal scoring list at WC.

If everyone is available, Canada's fairly weak at LW compared to other positions. I think that Dubois has a good case to be LW on the best edition of team Canada as things stand right now. Really good player and he brings a different element than most.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This team finally performing like it should be able to. Man to man we had 10/10 effort level, puck composure, puck support, net drive.

One more boys.
No complaints with the effort or execution today, well done.

Now, onto the what has now become the norm clash with the pesky Finns.

I'm starting to feel like Molotov when he was always jawing to the other countries leaders he was in discussion with concerning the Finnish situation.................." but it's the Finns you see, we have a problem with the Finns!!"

Reactions: therealdeal

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I watched the TSN replay, good game and good pushback by Canada. Good job in the big moments for Canada's big guns. I really liked Cozens' game as well.

He's been good all tournament. next year he'll have a monster break out year. 30 goals 45 assists. but don't think he'll be available next year, Buffalo will play at least a round of playoffs next year. But for now, today's game, hoping he scores the golden goal.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia has become a rich pool of talent for Hockey Canada.
TC Ryan Graves, Drake Batherson both from NS.
Mckinnon, Crosby, Marchand not bad either.
We sure have. You think about it, N.S has 3 of the best players in the world, all in a population of less then one million, and they talk about Finland in such glorious terms for their player production with a population of 3-4 million, Nova Scotia having 3 of the top players in the game is just as if not more impressive to me. When has Finland ever been able to say they had 3 players that have or at least had such a pedigree as those guys all at the same time?

Never. It's pretty impressive............and to top it all off, we delivered the Golden goal to boot. Not bad, not bad at all.

Makes you wonder what is going on with Quebec, wish they would get back to cranking gems out again, they have a population of 7 million after all, they need to get back to delivering French supernovas like they used to, some of the best to have ever played the game.

Reactions: Mainiac

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad